Author Topic: Center Parcs  (Read 2685 times)

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
Center Parcs
« on: October 17, 2009, 10:40:07 »
If anyone's interested, Centre Parcs seem to have overlooked the fact that Apr 25th 2011  is Easter Monday. At the moment you can book villas from Mon - Fri that week for £319 upwards where the equivalent week next year is £725.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: Center Parcs
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 13:25:49 »
I've always liked the idea of center parcs but I'm put off by their ridiculously high prices and also having to pay extra for everything else cept the swimming.  I'd have been really tempted by this offer (thingy up, lol) DJ but we've got Canada booked for the end of June and I don't think I'd get away with it!  ;D

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 19:48:50 »
Alright for some Sammy, you seem to have holidays coming out of your ears these days.    ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 19:58:10 »
Think Center Parcs is a wonderful idea for parents with young children, but they are taking the p..s with their prices as if you take your children out of school, the schools get very cross.  My son did and they rang him at work and they said he was at Center Parcs but he got away with it.  It is not fair to inflate their prices so much in school holidays and charge so much for activities, so for me I say a big no, although if they were fairer with prices for children/grandchildren I may well book a holiday as it sounds very nice, but can't afford £1,000 for half term.  My brother missed a lot of school through illness, running into goal posts etc and passed all his exams.  I always went to school but wasn't that clever or motavated, so don't think one week or two off school makes any difference, unless it is the final GCE or whatever year at 16.  Now if you want to take your children away in term time get treated like a criminal, we always did it and it never harmed my children.

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 21:58:27 »
After watching TV last night to see that they raise prices over by over 300% in school holidays will ensure I never go there.  Other holiday companies increased their prices by less than 1/3rd so I will stick with them.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

qahtan

• Hectare
  • Niagara Peninsula, ontario,,, canada.
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 22:04:07 »
 Sammy, Canada is quite cheap for shopping for tourists unless you go to places like Niagara Falls...qahtan

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 22:45:01 »
To those saying they'd never holiday there because of their inflationary pricing during school holidays, that was why I posted. They've screwed up for Easter 2011 and I'm taking advantage before they realise. Under no other circumstance would I ever book.

My next door neighbours have two small children. After I informed them of the pricing they booked an 8 bed villa for £419 between themselves and another family for Easter week 2011. I think it's brilliant that Center Parcs will possibly run at a loss that week.

dizzymum23

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 19:06:35 »
I got all excited when i saw this!!!! always wanted to go to centre parks - but after checking kiddies dates for school holidays for 2011 - mine are off from 11th april until 22nd and also easter monday 25th going back to school on 26th!!!!!

gregory

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 21:26:00 »
Hi just  a quick note have just checked my boys easter holidays in 2011 and they are off from 14 April go bach 4 May so have just booked 4 day break aat Elvedon from 25 April for 289.00 pounds BARGIN BOOK QUICK BEFORE THEY REALISE.
Also going to longleat for 10 days at christmas 18 December till 28 December booked 15 months ago for 1300.00 pounds book today would cost 2700.00 pounds!!!!

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 22:39:17 »
I do not understand the current issue with taking children out of school for educational trips, except in exam years.

After all you do not have to send you children to school at all, you have a duty as a parent to ensure they are being educated.  I would have thought that a week at Center Parcs could easily be justified as an educational experience.  It would be easy to draw up a schedule of educational outcomes in language, team building, physical education, maths, science, citizenship etc etc.

The National Curriculum is available online.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 22:43:22 »
Duh, I'm such a numpty, I read it as 2010, not 2011!  I can quite easily do that  ;D  Even better is picking 4th April instead of 25th because a) no rugrats and b) It's only £269 for four people.  Woo hoo!  Thanks DJ  ;D

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 23:04:30 »
I am a great Center Parcs fan.  I agree with Digeroo about the learning that can be done there, and not every activity is expensive, some of the nature walks etc are very informative.  When we first went with our children we just swam, walked, cycled and amused ourselves, it is only as they have grown older they have wanted to do more, but some of the activities are very good as taster sessions rather than having to book a whole sailing course or whatever if you wanted to do it elsewhere.

The main thing about CP that I love is that it is my haven.  We park the car on the Monday and don't see it again till the Friday.  Everything you could possibly need is there.  The supermarket stocks an amazing variety of food, you don't need to use the restaurants if you don't want to.  When I sit on the sofa in the villa and look out I don't see anyone, just the wildlife, we could be the only people in the forest, that is what it feels like, so peaceful.  My children can go off and ride their bikes for hours, knowing that they are safe, the boys used to love that.  Things like badminton, tennis etc are not expensive, we have had a lot of fun playing as a family, and done things we wouldn't otherwise have done.  Oooh, I could go on....

The most magical thing is swimming under the stars on a frosty night, the water is bath temperature and the steam is rising, it is undescribable, magical!  I am not employed by them - honest!  I wish we had started going when the children were even younger, but maybe soon we will have grandchildren to take too... well not too soon!

We are booked in again for next Easter, always book before we leave, get a bit of discount that way, and it is the only way I can leave or I am too sad!

Sorry, couldn't resist posting!

T.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 23:06:42 by Tulipa »

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 23:12:05 »
Tulipa having a Judith Chalmers moment :P

Duke
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 23:13:47 »
 ;D

I have obviously never bored you on the subject before Duke!  I am good at it!

T.

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 23:19:02 »
we booked to go in 2007 after a ivf cycle,on the grounds that if it worked,it would be a nice place to chill out,and if it didnt work,a nice place to chill out! well,it didnt work and instead found ourselves surrounded by kids/babies,didnt quite think this through perhaps,but still had a lovely time.the pool/water area is great,spent most of our time there,and otherwise cycling about on hired bikes,quite reasonably. spent ages on badger watch,didnt get to see one,but was fun all the same.the wildlife shows were good too.we took all our food with us,so avoided the expensive and not very good restaurants,and got to pretend we lived in a forest for five days.
was off season so didnt cost a bomb.
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

snipsnip

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2009, 18:53:49 »
agree with tulipa, its a great great place have been often

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal