Author Topic: London  (Read 2440 times)

Yellow Petals

London
« on: January 10, 2006, 01:05:16 »
Three pictures taken whilst we were in London last week.  I like the shot of Big Ben as the sun had just come out, sky was a gorgeous blue - lovely haze around the clockface (and it was exactly midday as you can see on the clock) but would you believe that it was completely cloudy and grey just ten minutes later!  It's a shame I can't put it on full size without reducing it and losing some quality because the biggie looks much nicer.

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
Re: London
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 08:45:35 »
Do you know I rarely miss London (having been a commuter for approx 10 years) but just sometimes I have a little yearning to go back. Your photos are lovely and really captured the diversity of the city buildings. And I'm pretty sure I've been to a  party on that actual boat! Have you been in the London Eye?
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 09:49:57 »
Great photos YP :)  Haven't been into London for years so it was nice to seem them.
Happy gardening all...........Pat

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 10:19:36 »
YP. Great pics. Thanks. My sentiments are exactly the same as Plockets.(being a SE Londoner born and bred). There are so many places I should have visited..Even though I worked in St Martins Lane for five years there was never time to have a mored detailed look around.. Many, many lunches eaten sitting on steps in Trafalgar Square!!!

Yellow Petals

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 10:40:56 »
Thanks all.  I do enjoy the odd day out in London but I find it quite intimidating because it's all so fast and furious!

Plocket, have been on the Eye several times, it's superb.  Even did a nightime viewing once - was also superb. 

Have tickets to go on with my husband (he has never been on it) but it fell through on the day (see hubby's birthday in the shed) but we will use them on another date.

I did take more pictures, even some in the rainforest cafe, but they came out a bit too dark to be any good!

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 22:55:25 »
Hmm, love to comment but unfortunately i cannot see the pictures. No red croses just empty space! Are you sure you posted them OK?

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 23:27:32 »
Garden Cadet. How strange this seems to happen sometimes. Pics are lovely and clear for me.

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 23:39:36 »
Great pics YP,  very sharp. The views show London at it's best.   :) busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 07:34:07 »
Sadly I can't see them either, so you are not the only one Richard!

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 08:27:33 »
Neither can I but I'm having a problem with pages not loading properly this morning. It may be a bit of a problem with the site.

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2006, 09:08:49 »
good pics yp :)
last time i was in london i was about 21.
would like to visit kew someday.
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

Carrie

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2006, 11:59:45 »
Lovely photos YP - I live in London and my favourite view is from Waterloo Bridge - -up and down the river - always lifts my spirits when I see that after having been out of town for a few days.

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2006, 19:53:33 »
First nothing, now red crosses. Strange.

Just a thought, how/where are the picures hosted YP?

Yellow Petals

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2006, 19:58:01 »
Hi Richard,

Sorry that you cannot see the pictures.  I am a loss to know why some can and some can't.  I still can!

They are hosted with Imageshack if that helps  ???

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2006, 20:04:32 »
Hi Richard,

Sorry that you cannot see the pictures.  I am a loss to know why some can and some can't.  I still can!

They are hosted with Imageshack if that helps  ???
Thanks YP

Image shack? Dont really use it so I guess that bit of info doesnt help much. Cant see why it sould be a problem.

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2006, 17:39:07 »
PS: Try Photobucket for web hosting of pictures. Never had any problems viewing them on A4All.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal