Author Topic: What the crows up to?  (Read 1487 times)

undercarriage plan

What the crows up to?
« on: January 09, 2006, 16:09:08 »
I've just got back from the school run, well stagger really, and looked up, the sky was thick with crows, all flying very high and in the same direction. I'm a country gal and I've seen flocks of crows, but nothing to compare to this. Eldest son thought it may be an earthquake or volcano or summat, I'm kinda hoping not.. Any ideas?

undercarriage plan

Re: What the crows up to?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 17:29:08 »
  ;D Probably preflight nerves, Wards....
It was just like the Birds, well it would be, wouldn't it, but there were so many, and crows stay here don't they?  ??? Not sure about starlings..

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 17:55:28 »
Crows, rooks and jackdaws will probably be looking for another source of food.  Maybe a nearby farmer was ploughing his field so they were looking forward to a feed of 'leather backs'.  I see hundred and hundreds of them beside me as well.  Late on in the afternoon they are sitting in a field behind me for a lst feed before they leave for their roosts.  It always brings to mind the Birds  film as well.

Forgot about your starlings.  They are flocking this time of year as well.  Quite a magnificent sight when you see the Starlings circling and swooping beefore they finally settle for roosting.  Some good places in Southern England where this happens.  I used to see it at the Forth Road Bridge.  Could hardly keep my eyes on the road for watching the 'clouds' of starlings.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 17:58:28 by Carol »

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 19:18:25 »
well Lots you'll never believe this but I was gonna start a post bout crows - they have been really noisy, more so than usual, in fact haven't really heard crows much atall until this week - even the girls commented on the noise tonight! :o
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal