Author Topic: Women and films etc.  (Read 11966 times)

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
Re: Women and films etc.
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2006, 21:17:11 »
i agree with you lottie he is really a sweet big green fing  ;D ;D ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2006, 21:20:31 »
And the Seagull out of Finding Nemo.. ???  I must have a voice thing too, bit worried now... :-\ ;)

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2006, 21:25:16 »
i allways fancied the the lobster out of the water babies  ;D ;D ;D

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2006, 21:48:35 »
John Hurt??
He's from Lincoln  ;D and was narrating a play on Radio 4 today.

He was born in Chesterfield so we've got first dibs!

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

Yellow Petals

« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2006, 21:54:08 »
Watching a film comes down to one thing and one thing only - personal taste.

I've got a movie pass which lets me go to the flix as many times as I like in a day, week, month, year for just £10.99  I usually go twice a week, sometimes more.  When my teacher friend is in school holidays, we do moviethons and watch upto 5 in one day - brilliant!  

I will watch most things but I can't stand Star Wars - I didn't particularly like them the first time around but this time they're even worse with the wooden top woefully miscast actors/actresses.  Thought the same about Gladiator, Russell Crowe is definitely nothing to write home about in the acting stakes.  I like long films, I like battle films; Roman, war time, samurai, LOTR (goosebump trilogy if ever there was one) I love comedies, musicals, weepies, drama.  It's all personal choice and mood related.  

Grease is superb, have seen it about 15-20 times - but remember it's been out almost 30yrs so that's not really a lot of viewings - less than one a year!  It's funny, the cast have great chemistry, the music is fun, catchy, innocent and easy to sing along with, the film itself is good old fashioned light hearted viewing.  When it came out, all the girls wanted to be Sandra Dee and all the boys wanted to be John Travolta or Kenicky and as the film - and it's fans - have gotten older, it sticks.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 21:56:07 by Yellow Petals »

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2006, 22:19:50 »
Hmmmmm, as a chick  ;D, I love Grease!  Oh yeah!!  However, you can't really pin me down to a favourite movie, or style of movies.....I like alsorts of different movies for different reasons, however, I do have a BIG problem when watching flicks, I know it is a movie, pretend, there is a film crew, make up lady, director, runners, etc, all standing there, all watching every move that takes place.  Don't know whether it was because when I worked for a living I started in the film division of the company so had lots of movie involvement.....  :-\  If I am going to watch a movie, and not nod off, I have to be enthralled from start to finish.....Dances with Wolves, Officer and a Gentleman - couple of typical chick movies, but then LOVE Event Horizon and Pitch Black.  Love Agatha Christie movies because I love them as books, so like the cinematography of them......Love Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, but then figure I love all John Hughes films.... Aahh, Ferris Bueller.....  But, love some of the old war classics, Escape from Zobibor, Great Escape, Escape to Victory, and the greatest, Kelly's Hero's.  I shan't go on......bore you all rigid.......ooo love Pulp Fiction, but not reservoire Dogs, never understood the hype about that, didn't find it shocking or upsetting...... Love Saturday night fever and Paradise alley.....and then there is Disney.......can't think of one there I don't like!!!

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2006, 02:05:16 »
 :-X

Dont let on......but I hate musicals!!! Yes, even Grease.....Slime is what I call it!! Love old stuff like Brief Encounter, Lawrence of Arabia and anything by David Lean.

What I cannot understand is watching a vid of a film over and over ie: Sixth Sense.....you know what the twist is..so whats the point????

Maybe its just me ::)

amanda21

• Acre
  • 40's the new 30 - right?
    • ...and I Hate Worms!
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2006, 08:14:32 »
I have a confession and if you have recorded Message in a Bottle from last night don't read any further!

I watched Kevin Costner in Message in a Bottle last night C5.
I've seen it at least three times before.
I know he dies in the end.
I still cry.    :'(
http://ihateworms.blogspot.com/  - Why then do I so want an allotment?

amanda21

• Acre
  • 40's the new 30 - right?
    • ...and I Hate Worms!
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2006, 08:17:13 »
Please exscuse me Ady.....Amanda, I have to know, why does your cat have a melon on its head?  ???

:)  I have to admit it is not my cat.  Mine would never sit still long enough for me to put a melon on its head let alone take a photo!  I just though he looked so justly grumpy!   ;D
http://ihateworms.blogspot.com/  - Why then do I so want an allotment?

undercarriage plan

« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2006, 09:29:03 »
It's wonderful pic!!! Laugh every time I see it....and while we're confessing.....it's not really me reclining in an artful manner in mine...... :-X ;D

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2006, 09:58:09 »
almost looks a bit like Russwith his space helmet on , will have to send wardy some pics she will be so proud

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2006, 10:45:35 »
it looks like a citrus fruit to me, but what do i know...;)

watched message in a bottle too - just the kind of thing i was talking about earlier ^^^
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2006, 10:50:46 »
he just looks so sweet in his space helmet wardy  :D :D russ could be mistaken for anything cute and cuddly

MutantHobbit

• Half Acre
  • There's a bl**dy great big plane near my allotment
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2006, 21:02:50 »
Here...have a hankie... :'(  Ooo I also fancied Shrek..... :-\ perhaps I should have kept that quiet.... :-X

Just caught up with the thread!;D Somebody at work informed me that if you get a green marker pen and coloured in the photograph that is my avatar, there's an uncanny resemblance to Shrek...   :-[

Still haven't worked out if it was a compliment or not!   :-\ ;D

Dave
Sheldon, Birmingham.  I've put the pin on Google Earth where my shed is, in the allotments.  It's in an area with a satellite photo which is cool!  You can't miss it, there's a bl**dy great big Airport next door!

BAGGY

• Hectare
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2006, 21:49:32 »
almost looks a bit like Russwith his space helmet on

What did I miss ? Where's the photo?
Get with the beat Baggy

MutantHobbit

• Half Acre
  • There's a bl**dy great big plane near my allotment
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2006, 01:30:32 »
Baggy, check out my Avatar on the left...

Although I like the usual war / crime/ action movies, I thought more thought provoking film like "Three Colours" Trilogy as well.  My favourite film is "Always", with Holly Hunter and Richard Dreyfuss.  Always was a soft sap! :-[

Dave
Sheldon, Birmingham.  I've put the pin on Google Earth where my shed is, in the allotments.  It's in an area with a satellite photo which is cool!  You can't miss it, there's a bl**dy great big Airport next door!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal