Author Topic: Big Changes next year??  (Read 1885 times)

adam04

• Hectare
  • Who are you?
    • FedEx VG
Big Changes next year??
« on: January 03, 2006, 20:16:55 »
I dont mean little things that you will change next year...as in planting more broad beans and less leeks....

the big things...are you going to change something really big on the lottie??

Scrap the soil, cover it with a huge greenhosue and grow in grow bags?? that kinda thing.... ;D ;D ;D

i think im going to change to more veg and plants. i had ltos of land spare on the lottie last year so think am going to dedicate a bit of land to growing plants. i like the idea of dividing plants etc and then growing them on and maybe selling the odd few on ebay.  At the moment i only gorw a few bulbs in a couple of borders on the lottie so will be quite a change.

wardy

• Hectare
Re: Big Changes next year??
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 20:21:39 »
It's fun Adam. We do it on our communal plot (grow plants that is  ::) )
We sell them from our plot (don't tell) and at our plant fayres.  They take quite a bit of looking after though.  Me lotty mate keeps them in biggish pots which are put in trenches which get watered.  We invested in a decent cold frame this year (which I put together,nearly killed me what wi me back  :P) and so we're propagating stuff right, left and centre,  The frame is full of cuttings etc and we've covered the polycarb frame with that green meshing just to shade it and give it a bit more frost protection.  Hoping for great things from it.  We divide stuff up, take cuttings but it does get a bit addictive  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 20:48:31 »
I've just made a big change. For years I've had this horrible great clump of useless overgrown raspberries halfway down the plot, and that's now gone. I've had ground elder running wild through some of my flowerbeds for a couple of years since I couldn't weed them without all the plants being stolen, and most of that is now gone. What a difference! I'm also managing to get everything mulched now, rather than leaving the weeds to grow and then getting overwhelmed. That should have happened last year and didn't due to illness, but I'm well ahead of it now.

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 20:55:30 »
The big change for me may well be a fruit cage ... but then I get these ideas, but never have the time to put them into practice !!!

derbex

• Hectare
  • I've come about the reaping
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 09:45:04 »
I want one too Derek -I like EJs idea of the frame tent frame, but the OH won't let me use ours :(

........although we do have mice in the garage -maybe I can get them to nest in the 'canvas'

Or maybe the frame of one of those 'party tents' that you see everywhere.

Jeremy

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 10:07:38 »
I dont mean little things that you will change next year...

Next year...next year....I am still pondering this year!!

raisedbedted

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 13:17:52 »
My big change?  I am going to grow some peas right through to harvest.

Smaller ones include a polytunnel that the council have finally agreed to and / or a shed (ditto).

Oh and its all going to look marvellous like something out of the kitchen garden magazine, no weeds, no pests just huge harvests.

Hmmm.
Best laid plans and all that

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal