Author Topic: Yippee it's working.  (Read 1781 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Yippee it's working.
« on: January 01, 2006, 13:08:39 »
I am a happy bunny. Yesterday Mr AND Mrs Blackbird were in the garden Mrs spent most of the time having a bath.No birds on feeder but the fat ball had definately been started on.
This morning. wehay!! 6 sparrows on the ground, 4 sparrows on the feeder. Mrs Blackbird strutting around  and just 2 starlings.
Have just come round from preparing Lorna's veg for her and guess what!! A pretty little bird was on the feeder, I think it may have been a blue tit. I just remembered Charlie had an excellent pair of binoculars, will get them out and can then see colours etc so that I can ask.
Next purchase a  wild bird book!!

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Re: Yippee it's working.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 16:46:52 »
Wardy. Cheers will do that. Daughter and son il stood in kitchen, the feeder isn't all that far from kitchen but as I was making them a cuppa I kept saying.. Look, look another bird., has it got any colour on it? They said all they wanted was a cup of tea!!!!

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 17:38:56 »
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 09:09:12 by GREENWIZARD »
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 18:41:13 »
Great news, Lorna.   ;D  I had a Mr blackboard today - he had a snack of some mince pie crumbs before hoping around the lawn looking for worms.  I have no chance getting photos though - feeder too far from window but opening the door scares them off.  :(

G xx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Juliet

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 17:55:47 »
That's good news, Lorna  :).

There's a useful bird identification guide online at http://www.surfbirds.com/ukbirdid.html - scroll down & you can search for birds in one of several different ways - including a really basic "where was it, how big was it, what colour was it" bit at the bottom of the page.

Also, CJ Wild Bird Foods - http://www.birdfood.co.uk/ - will send you a free handbook of garden wildlife if you fill in the form on their site (you don't have to buy anything) - although this is partly their catalogue it also has a bird ID chart & lots of other useful info.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 18:08:44 »
Thanks Juliet . Will certainly take a look at the links. I have saved the links to my bookmarks.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal