Author Topic: They're back!!  (Read 4916 times)

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
Re: They're back!!
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2005, 20:54:35 »
GW. PS I bought sunflower seed and mixed wild bird seed.. are they ok?
~absolutely fine L :)
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2005, 20:56:38 »
GW Many thanks once again. I am wonderung if there is room in my bedroom for my computer desk, then I could still spend hours on keyboard and also watch for birds ;D ;D

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2005, 12:14:23 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just had a flock of Long Tailed Tits as well,  managed to get a few pics.  They are really lovely little birds and I got such a close up view of them.  They were at the fat balls in at my bedroom window so saw them close up.  Wonderful!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2005, 19:01:59 »
Val - I am going with my daughter one day next week to hit the sales at WGC as she has a week off work.  We also have a large area of woods on the edge of our village only a short distance from us.

Have a good time shopping Pat, I've only been to the Garden City a couple of times but OH has loads of relations still there, in fact we've got an invite up there end of Jan, but not sure if we can go. From what I've seen of the area it looks as if it can support loads of different birds except sea of course, I guess its just luck if they visit the garden...Also if you happen to be looking at that time.
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

Carol

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2005, 19:53:18 »
The Long tailed tits seen thro my bedroom window. not clear but lovely all the same....

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2005, 21:10:30 »
Wow, long tailed tits are such lovely birds. :D  One is sometimes likened to a ball of wool with knitting needles stuck through it.  What a surprise you must have had Carol when you looked out and saw them there.   ;D  ;D  I catch a fleeting glimpse of them in my garden now and again so will have to put out some more fat to attract them.  You can buy suet based cakes in so many different varieties these days, berry treat, apple treat, nutty treat as well as treats with insects.  Please let us into the secret as to what is in your feeder cage Carol.  :)

Twospot Ladybird

• Acre
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2005, 22:26:56 »
Carol, they're lovely  :). Had 3 stop in my Rowan tree for about 30 seconds earlier this year. By the time I got my camera (which is always at the ready), switched it on and focused on the spot where they were, they were gone  :( I do hope mine visit again one day and stay for a while too.

Carol

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2005, 22:40:31 »
I am sure they were the 'nutty treats'  Pauline.  That has been up at athe bedroom window for weeks now and only spotted a blue tit other day at it.  My garden does get ignored quite a bit cos of the Sparrowhawk but now and then it produces a 'gem'.  I was delighted with the LTT and look forward to seeing a Nuthatch in the near future.  They have increased in numbers here in the Borders.

Happy New Year to you

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2005, 23:27:54 »
Thanks Carol.  If you live in the Borders, why aren't you out celebrating Hogmanay? 

Carol

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2005, 23:30:39 »
Not out, because I am one of them 'boring' scots folk who do not drink. 

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2006, 00:00:24 »
In my experience, Carol, it is often those that drink that are the most boring, especially if they have had too much!  I must admit that I have had a couple of drinks tonight in celebration of moving out of 2005, one of the worst years of my life, and into 2006 which I hope will be better.  Is it here yet?........ ALMOST.............. HAPPY NEW YEAR carol and everyone on A 4 All.

Carol

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2006, 00:16:14 »
Well thats that bad year gone for you Pauline.  Some years can be real bad ones when everything goes wrong.  I am sure this one will be a good one for you.  Happy New Year to you as well.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2006, 00:20:46 »
Thanks Carol   ;D ;D ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2006, 01:13:01 »
WHAT CRACKING PICS. jUST GOT HOME BUT HAD TO HAVE A PEEP AT a4a  BEST WISHES TO ALL MY FRIENDS. PAULINE 2006 WILL BE BETTER FOR YOU. hOW MANY HAVE YOU HAD, HOPE YOU KEPT UP WITH ME. ;D

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2006, 10:58:49 »
Yep and a Happy New Year to you all from me as well. I have a drink about twice a year and get a bit sloshed but I don't for the life of me know why, I don't even like the taste of alcohol. daft or what? ???
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2006, 16:22:40 »

folks
  super  pic  C
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal