Author Topic: Greenwizard persuaded me.....  (Read 7219 times)

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
Greenwizard persuaded me.....
« on: December 28, 2005, 21:16:06 »
to share a few examples of my paintings with you. I'm not going to bother with my landscapes because I'm not satisfied with them and only started to paint them again relatively recently. All these flowers are growing in my garden, and I painted them this summer/autumn. I thought that as you are gardeners you might appreciate them.

The piccies are all A5 size really.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 17:17:09 by Plocket »
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Gardengirl

• Hectare
Re: Greenwizard persuaded me.....
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 21:26:24 »
Oh Plocket what can I say- they are absolutely beautiful :)  How talented you are - they are almost lifelike :)  Would love to see your landscapes when you are completely satisfied with them.
Happy gardening all...........Pat

undercarriage plan

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 21:27:34 »
Plocket!!! They're absolutely stunning!! Wow!! I'm gobsmacked, you clever thing!! Do you paint for a living??? If not you blessed well should,!!

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 21:28:44 »
Oh Plocket, you are very talented, they are lovely.   :)  The Montana is my favourite, I think, but it was a close call!

G xx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 21:33:01 »
Thank you! All of you! (I'm blushing but dead chuffed!!!) No I don't paint professionally Lottie but I try and paint something every week to keep my hand in - it's difficult finding time what with being a mum. Before the summer I hadn't painted for years but a friend persuaded me that I should start up again, and you see the result!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Nathan

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 22:23:18 »
Those are lovely pictures. I do hope you will post some more, especially landscapes!
Nathan

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005, 23:01:27 »
Absolutely stunning!  In this ramshackle old body of mine, there lay not one artistic bone, so I hold those who can paint, draw and create in great awe Plocket!  Your paintings are wonderous, beautiful.  You are a clever clever person with eyes that see more than others see.

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005, 23:09:36 »
Wow Plockett they are wonderful paintings, you are so talented and it is the most wonderful gift to have, you shoud be so proud of them!  You are so lucky, enjoy your painting.

Lord Steve

• Half Acre
    • Turn 'Em Green
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2005, 10:24:38 »
WOW!! Those paintings are amazing, Plocket. I can't wait for you to share your landscapes - perhaps in 2006?

Thanks for sharing!! Keep up the good work!

Twospot Ladybird

• Acre
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2005, 10:57:53 »
Excellent pictures Plocket. When I saw them my first thought was like looking at the illustrations from a Victorian Plant Collectors journal. That's meant as a compliment they really are fantastic pictures. I draw but haven't tried flowers yet.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2005, 11:18:27 »
Delightful paintings.

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2005, 13:39:37 »
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 09:19:26 by GREENWIZARD »
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2005, 13:58:29 »
Plocket. Fabulous paintings. I bet you can guess which ones I really drooled over. Thank you so much/     More please.

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2005, 14:15:25 »
Thank you everybody! 

2spot: I'm very flattered by your association with a collectors journal but I'm no where near that good! I have been brave enough to give some of my paintings to friends though occasionally, and there's a few in family homes.

Lorna: the clems by any chance?  ;) I think of the ones I've shown Fair Rosamund and the Kaffir Lily are my faves.

Ply me with booze again and I might pluck up the courage to post more paintings someday - perhaps of some of the gardens I've visited.

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2005, 16:23:31 »
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 09:17:29 by GREENWIZARD »
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2005, 16:27:54 »
Hehehe! You can't possibly expect me to open the champagne myself!!!! It's just not the done thing!!! But you know my tipple GW!  ;)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2005, 17:00:01 »
Plocket. I have a spare bottle of brandy...any good? (I had five amongst my birthday presents!!)

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2005, 17:42:53 »
Hehehe! Brandy isn't really my thing but keep me plied and I'll see how I feel tomorrow!!!  ;)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2005, 18:12:43 »
Your on. Try this virtual glass.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2005, 20:22:53 »
Plocket. I have just had another look at your paintings.(can't stop looking at the clems) but I looked especially at the Kaffir Lily.. yippee I have got some seeds, kindly sent to me by another A4A member.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal