Author Topic: Other interests?  (Read 18058 times)

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
Re: Other interests?
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2005, 11:01:39 »
Really interesting hobbies.  Driving huskies sounds exhilirating and I love the soft toys and always really admire anyone who is crafty.  I quite enjoy knitting and crochet and was just thinking over the holidays I would like to get back doing it.  I am a left hander and it was always agony trying to learn anything like that when I was at school so I was never very confident.

I practice Tai Chi and I am interested in complimentary therapies.  I trained as a Reflexologist over 12 years ago and praticed until about four years ago.  I have also dabbled in Reiki, Crystal Healing and Homeopathy, the things that have really helped my health over the years.  I love music and have a very eclectric taste in it.  You will always hear something going at our house.  I took a singing course at the beginning of the year too which was brilliant and I would like to do more of that in 2006. I am really interested in technology and have a thirst  for learning more. I was a member of our local allotment committee last year and may go back to it next year, though it is quite thankless work.  My allotment and my garden are my main interests, mainly because you can't be half hearted about growing things, and it is the thing that brings me peace and contentment and a feeling of well being more than anything else that I do.  :) busy_lizzie 
live your days not count your years

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2005, 11:54:24 »
I'd love to be able to crochet busy_lizzie, I wouldn't know where to start though. But that's something I'd like to learn next year. :)
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

Ozzy

• read only
  • Acre
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2005, 12:29:29 »
outside gardening lots of things, play guitar, and penny whistle lol (aint as easy as u may think) photography, greenpeace activist, british sign language (welsh) heavily into promoting the rights of minority groups, cooking, drinking and spliffin to keep it real   ::) ::) ::).. dunno if this counts as an activity?? memeber of the WWF (adopted a tiger called malu pothi, Cat protection league where i sponsor a cat cabin and also sponsor a badly treated dog called ben who lives in ballymena but cant have human visitors because of the brutal treatment he recieved, and only just sponsored a third world child.. hell you show me an in-equality/injustice and I am in there.. tis my way

ozzy

:-* :-* :-*

heres the edit... BL my ex wife is rieki master, and although I am sceptical have to admit there is something innit, innit :D  :-*
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 12:31:31 by Ozzy »

Badger1

• Not So New ...
    • Badgers
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2005, 12:36:26 »
Bonsai, fly fishing and fly tying. :)
Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2005, 12:41:39 »
Joji, I never thought of someone in the UK with huskies and sleigh etc. that's wonderful. I'll definitely look you up if I visit Wales again, thanks :D

Jesseveve

There is over 1000 of us through out the UK.  PM me what area your in and I can ask around to see if someone in the club will take you on a ride in your area. ;D

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2005, 13:01:39 »
Wow, that would be absolutely fantastic joji! Trouble is I'll probably get hooked and want to keep a dozen huskies ;D I'll send you a pm in a minute :)

Ozzy, what country is your sponsored child in? My sister sponsors a child in Mauritius.

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2005, 13:13:44 »
Thanks for the PM Jess. ;D The answer is LIKE THIS  :o :o !!!!! ;D

That is my OH driving. :D

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2005, 13:18:06 »
Wow! :D Now that looks like fun, not as nice without the snow but still lots of fun :D You've got some lovely looking dogs joji :)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2005, 13:22:29 »
Apart from the garden, greenhouse, allotment, conservatory and other peoples gardens...................

knitting, playing the piano, cooking/baking/preserving, reading, music, family and friends.

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2005, 13:28:27 »
Wow! :D Now that looks like fun, not as nice without the snow but still lots of fun :D You've got some lovely looking dogs joji :)

Thanks Jess. I will see what I can do for you. There is quite a few husky owners your end of the country. :)

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2005, 13:33:41 »
I didn't think I had interests until I stopped and thought to myself.   I am involved in the Church in the village  being Session Clerk and Elder.   Sunday School Treasurer.  Also ont he Flower Show Committee,  Treasurer again.  Interested in the Village and its History.  Enjoy Scottish Borders History and was a Family Historian for 15 years until I ran out of family!!!  Recording Monumental Inscriptions!!!!  I like music, but got a varied taste.  Like Walking and enjoying the countryside.  Photography but my main pastime is Bird Watching and would just love to see a Kingfisher.  I also enjoy Driving.  

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2005, 14:14:17 »
Joji - I'm afraid I haven't found a pattern for a husky yet :), but they are one of my favourite breeds - great photos.

;D ;D ;D Jess - the nearest I have got to making a chicken are Easter chicks - and yes, they are knitted.

Forgot to mention that I still like keeping fit - go to a dance aerobic class once a week - there's life in the old girl yet :D........stems from doing quite a bit of stage dancing in my younger years and also ballroom dancing.  I must say that 'Strictly' has given me the urge to take it up again, but OH wont oblige unfortunately.
Happy gardening all...........Pat

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2005, 14:43:31 »
Gardengirl - if you took up some of the modern dances, you wouldn't need your OH (which might itself be a kick up the bum for him).  I love dancing and do modern jive (Ceroc), salsa and lindy hop.  I'm planning my trip to Herrang in Sweden with my boyfriend (month long dance camp) already, but lottie might suffer if I'm gone too long.

Also keen on DIY (currently replacing kitchen in anticipation of wonderful lottie gems) and doing furniture making evening class. 

When I have any spare time left try and get out on my mountain bikes ... some friends of mine have huge hounds and they fasten the leashes to the bikes and then whoosh ... off the go through the woods - great fun !

Ozzy

• read only
  • Acre
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2005, 15:37:06 »
LOL @  poker markyb

I am trying to teach my nephew how to gamble or more to the point.. how to bluff or read other peoples cards.. so far only been playing pontoon and brag but am telling ya mate if he was in a saloon somewhere he would have been shot at least 50 times over LOL.. not sure crafty is the right word marky i would lean towards "astute" tis a switched on game for sure, heavily inot 10 card brag at the moment and losing loads ffs LOL tis amazing how those 10p stakes mount up and not so long back was playing for a pot of almost 30 squidleys LOL

ozzy

;D ;D ;D

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2005, 16:52:53 »
I used to enjoy poker when I was young, but I always lost. Just a simple soul you see, not at all crafty, they always saw me coming ...  ;D Solitaire was more my game ...

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2005, 17:24:55 »
I am just exceedingly dull.  ???
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2005, 17:30:41 »
I am just exceedingly dull.  ???

You've got an allotment, that makes you definitely not exceedingly dull :D

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2005, 17:31:41 »
Was a dress maker and professional soft furnishings body in a former life.  Still enjoy to knit and crochet, even embroidery and smocking - by hand only.

Love to ride whenever I get to the country.  Fly fishing but haven't since I got married.

Living so near to London feel very Lorna Doonish - take me back to the moors please ;)
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2005, 17:47:26 »
Okay, here goes.  I enjoy: reading contemporary novels; listening to a wide variety music (especially 60's rock and pop and David Bowie); cryptic crosswords; eating out in good restaurants; visiting modern art exhibitions (I'm a Tate member); supporting a variety of charities including fund-raising for Cats Protection; pottering around interesting markets and sitting outside a bar with a bottle of wine people watching.   

G xx
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 18:06:47 by Georgie »
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

undercarriage plan

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2005, 18:01:54 »
Erm G....haven't you forgotten something?? Will give you few mins... ::)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal