Author Topic: Other interests?  (Read 18336 times)

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
Re: Other interests?
« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2006, 19:49:25 »
Playing piano and flute, sketching, sewing, reading and growing.......................plus researching new oil blends and massage techniques :)
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

terrace max

• Hectare
« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2006, 19:52:32 »
Do you need guinea pigs Delilah?  :)
I travelled to a mystical time zone
but I missed my bed
so I soon came home

Delilah

• Hectare
« Reply #122 on: January 02, 2006, 20:04:39 »
Would that be the fluffy variety TM ;D ;)

But seriously if all family members learned how to give each other an Indian Head Massage we would all be a much more chilled nation :)

terrace max

• Hectare
« Reply #123 on: January 02, 2006, 20:15:12 »
Stupid Indians  >:(
but I missed my bed
so I soon came home

terrace max

• Hectare
« Reply #124 on: January 02, 2006, 20:16:00 »
Tezzer!!!  >:(
but I missed my bed
so I soon came home

Delilah

• Hectare
« Reply #125 on: January 02, 2006, 20:20:21 »

Ozzy

• read only
  • Acre
« Reply #126 on: January 02, 2006, 20:25:20 »
Would that be the fluffy variety TM ;D ;)

But seriously if all family members learned how to give each other an Indian Head Massage we would all be a much more chilled nation :)

Dee. couldnt agree more and as a man of good will and one of promoting all that iz dead healthy. I offer meself for the gooood ol head massage malarky cus it souds dead scientific like but must stress this invite aint open to men, unless you ply me with 74 pints of stella/70 crates of Bushmils/ 1 bottle of pony..

bottom line is big up the indian head massage

keeping it real  :-*

Ozzy

:-* :-* :-*

EmmaLou

• Half Acre
    • www.peachpicture.co.uk
« Reply #127 on: January 02, 2006, 20:47:49 »
a bit of a mix:

Yoga - not everyday mind
Body piercing - have been doing this for about 9 years (I don't actually have many myself)
Cross stitch
DIY

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
« Reply #128 on: January 02, 2006, 21:15:57 »
I've loved reading this!!!

I like drawing and painting, photography (very amateur!)making paper and paper products, reading, listening to music (long list but Queen are probably at the top!) cooking, visiting gardens and being a mum!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #129 on: January 02, 2006, 21:40:29 »
What kind of paper products do you make Plocket? I bought a book on making paper but haven't got around to making anything yet. :)
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #130 on: January 02, 2006, 21:43:27 »
I've made some books and papier mache bowls. Picture frames. That sort of thing. It's great fun - do give it a go. I find now that I know what I'm doing the fun bit is going round the garden and trying out different plants!!!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #131 on: January 02, 2006, 21:52:15 »
I plan to make something this year, I bought the book towards the end of the year and just ran out of time with preparing gifts for christmas. Some of the papers in the book that include seeds and flower petals look incredible. I never thought of making picture frames and bowls from paper, would you be able to post any photos of your creations Plocket, I'd love to see them. :)

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #132 on: January 02, 2006, 21:58:56 »
Oh crumbs! I'll get the camera out and see what I can find lying about the house! What book do you have? I ask because I've got a few books on paper making.

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #133 on: January 02, 2006, 22:03:29 »
The book is called Papermaking techniques book by John Plowman. It mainly covers the basics and equipment which is what I need to get started, once I have the techniques right then I'll probably be on the look out for something that gives more inspiration so any book recommendations would be great too. :)

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #134 on: January 03, 2006, 08:58:34 »
Two really good books that I have are "Making your own paper" by Marianne Saddington, and "Paper Pleasures" by Faith Shannon. Both are lovely and have some great ideas. I'm still looking for things to photograph - mum has many of my better pieces, including a jug which is actually water tight!!!

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #135 on: January 03, 2006, 09:07:56 »
I'll have a look for those books and add them to my ever growing wish list of books, thanks Plocket. :)

Juliet

• Half Acre
« Reply #136 on: January 03, 2006, 21:39:32 »
I've loved reading this!!!

Me too - interesting to know what everyone else does when they're not in the garden/allotment.

I had to give up church and also acting and theatre-going (I trained as a lecturer in acting) due to illness, but I seem to have plenty of other things to occupy my time.  I like reading (mostly fiction, especially SF & fantasy - though also love looking at the pictures in gardening books & planning what I'd put where in my dream garden!); I take a lot of photos (currently have elderly SLR camera & very keen to get into digital photography soooon) & make the best ones into greetings cards; I'm a member of National Trust, English Heritage & various other organisations & spend most of holidays visiting their gardens/properties; and I am also a Buffyatric (think of it as an addiction ...).

My music collection is a lot smaller & less eclectic than it would be if Romeo didn't have 2,000 plus CDs/tapes (which are all obsessively catalogued alphabetically) - I just listen to his.  If he didn't have them, my list would include Kirsty MacColl, Pulp, Beautiful South, U2, Roxy Music, David Bowie, Ultravox, Japan, Transvision Vamp, The White Stripes, The Alarm, A-Ha, Larry Norman, Meatloaf, & The Beach Boys - & undoubtedly several more I've forgotten.

jellywelly

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #137 on: January 04, 2006, 13:40:14 »
Wow! Just reading all those different hobbies makes a girl feel exhausted. But it's nice to find other people who have such a variety of hobbies (a lot of people I know complain constantly about having nothing to do, but refuse get up of their sofa and find an something they can enjoy).

Currently I am learning to play guitar, studying Eng Lit & Lang, listening to loads of different music, reading books, mostly fantasy but I'll give anything a go if the story looks good, gardening, cooking (hopefully with a lot of my own home grown stuff next year!) and I recently acquired a book on preserving, painting and drawing, going to see art exhibitions, recycling (yes, I know it's sad but It's becoming such an obsession that I think it could classed as a hobby), learning about aromatherapy and sustainable living.

Music I love to listen to:  Pink Floyd, The Who, Red hot chili peppers, queens of the stone age, nina simone, sade, greenday, hard-fi, jeff buckley, jack johnson, meat loaf (so uncool, i know), jet, the killers, KT Tunstall (her album is fab), nirvana, radiohead, seth lakeman, scissor sisters, the beatles (recently discovered sgt pepper and the white album) santana, the darkness, morissey, foo fighters, artic monkeys, the verve, coldplay, sugarcult, the bravery, rufus wainwright, ash......thats all i can remember at the mo.

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #138 on: January 04, 2006, 14:40:32 »
Formerly Archery.....Compound [Target] and LongBow [ Field]

MotorCycling...Continues for more than Forty Years

Reading a lot of Tolkien... Tried War and Peace three times never Finished it....One day maybe.

My Garden Only a Small Patch out the Front

The O.H  MotorCycling.....Card Making...Gardening Flowers
Mainly Bizzy Lizzies and assorted Flowers

Music....E.L.O..Celine Dion...Country en Western

My Dog: Skye WestHighland Terrier
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #139 on: January 04, 2006, 14:45:59 »
I love board games (was trying to make an allotment one but other things got in the way), reading (sci-fi & sci-fact, humour, horror, fantasy, TPerry, Tom Sharpe,..) and my main outside of gardening hobby is learning Welsh.

Music-wise, Pink Floyd, REM, Monaco, New Order, Meinir Gwilym, "Dangerous Plums", Simply Red, Wet Wet Wet, Beautiful South, Meatloaf, Bonzo Dog Doodah Band, Enya, Mike Oldfield, .....
Registered for an OU course - creative writing, due to start in Feb. Awaiting course materials at present.

Love listening to the radio - BBC Radio 4 (Deadringers, The Archers, GQT, ISIHAC, Just a Minute, ....) and when I feel like it, BBC7 on the web. There is no TV here, though when was at folks, watched CSI, Casualty &  Holby City (the seasonal special - I know where that tunnel is, and it isn't in Holby/Bristol!), whatever was on though I missed Mary Poppins & Chitty.....
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal