Author Topic: Why isn't it Christmas every day?  (Read 3712 times)

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
Why isn't it Christmas every day?
« on: December 26, 2005, 00:07:38 »
Before anyone thinks I'm so enamoured of Christmas I actually want to celebrate it more than once a year, let me explain. Two things happened today that made me wonder why we behave differently because of some random date.

Firstly I spotted this on a thread

'the wallet I emptied for a guy sleeping rough tonight, well he will appreciate the money more than me ...'

Whilst I'm using this as an example, not a suggestion that Derek would only do this today, why do so many only think of others at this time of year? My resolution ( not New Years but Feb 12th in order to be random ) is to do empty my wallet to a needy stranger at least once a year. Thanks for the lesson in humanity Derek.

Secondly, I spent 4 hours preparing lunch today and enjoyed every minute. Never has a meal I prepared tasted better. Whilst I do a fair amount of cooking I generally consider it downtime. In future I'm going to take inordinate pride sometimes in preparing special meals on non-special ocasions.

Thirdly, in future I'm going to check the spelling of 'ocasions' before typing it.

What other ways could we take things from Christmas and use them throughout the year?

adam04

• Hectare
  • Who are you?
    • FedEx VG
Re: Why isn't it Christmas every day?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 00:10:20 »
agreed:

Not only for the xmas presents, but it isnt often that you can get so drunk with noone really caring and actually enjoy life without all the rules.

Went to a party tonight on way home just saw people all happy still in or leaving parties :)

Now altogether:

o i wish it cud be xmas everydayyyyyy!

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 00:17:30 »
'but it isnt often that you can get so drunk with noone really caring and actually enjoy life without all the rules. '

Just come and spend a week with me and you'll realise you're wrong!  ;D

adam04

• Hectare
  • Who are you?
    • FedEx VG
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2005, 00:19:59 »
like the sound of that....

guessing your not 16 living in Manchester then??!!  ;D ;D ;D

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2005, 00:20:56 »
Nor female....sorry!

adam04

• Hectare
  • Who are you?
    • FedEx VG
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2005, 00:24:03 »
calling me female??!! 

am shocked, i feel humiliated, xmas day too.  yes yes i know itsnnow boxing day but that isnt the point!  ;)

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2005, 00:30:13 »
No, my reasoning is. When invited by me to get unfeasibly drunk and live with no rules, the 3 most disappontng things about the offer would be that I'm not 16, not in Manchester and not female  :D

adam04

• Hectare
  • Who are you?
    • FedEx VG
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2005, 00:32:53 »
i know understand!  ;D

i shant go there with any male on male comments....   doesnt seem suitable! :o

BAGGY

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2005, 23:07:51 »
My nephew gave us all huge Christmas cuddles and at 14 it is not a cool thing to do other than at Christmas.  I didn't complain it was sweet.
Get with the beat Baggy

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2005, 23:36:55 »
If it was christmas every day we would be stuck on the 25th dec. all the time. So bang goes your birthday, out goes St Valentine
and what about  good old St. George. You can still be daft and buy a Big Issue off of some skiving git. You can even visit your old neighbours but as I am now falling into the age bracket stated earlier in the thread, Please don't bother pestering me, it is so degrading to be thought helpless and senile.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2005, 00:05:08 »
No Thanks. Imagine eating and drinking like this every day. I will just continue in my normal way. Donating a small monthly amount to cancer research. Buying raffle tickets for the likes of RSPCA and  PDSA also sending regular small sums (according to my finances at the time) to  World villages for children..Unfortunately I am not able to empty my wallet but as the saying goes.. every little helps.

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2005, 10:12:14 »
I'm sorry ACE that my post has been misunderstood, that's definitely not what I meant. I've removed it as it hasn't come out the way I meant it to read. I apologise. :'(
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2005, 11:01:48 »
No need to apologise, we all know where you were coming from.

goodwill to all men etc. 'If only'

Put it back on and stop pandering to us miserable old s0ds,
I'm the one who should apologise.

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2005, 11:51:15 »
 :)
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2005, 17:01:25 »
Hello Lorna!  Glad you're in a happy mood  ;D  I have escaped from the family as they are getting on me wick!  My niece has flu, my husband has shingles, my son has just forgotten how to get on with people and my other niece is unhappy that my son won't help her with her MP3 problems.  The dog has galloping shits as someone can't be bothered to keep him out of the chocolates.  My niece has gone off in a huff as son rubbished her car manoeuvring skills.  The outside lav is blocked and I've spent all afternoon trying to unblock it.  The gas fire has broke so I've been trying to mend that.  I have half a cow in the oven and between basting that, unblocking the lav, finding E45 cream for old man, soothing relations between son and nieces, shampooing crappy carpets I am just about bloody all in with Christmas.  My best bottle of Champers was found in the freezer this morning which about put the tin lid on it (by me I have to say)  ;D
So I am up at the top of the house, in the garrett, away from everyone, spreading my unhappiness to you lot
I came, I saw, I composted

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2005, 17:08:30 »
Oh poor Wardy, reckon you wouldn't like Christmas every day then! ;)
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2005, 17:10:28 »
Awww Wardy, I can give you that big cyber hug this time. And make sure you have your body protector on, because I crush ribs easily. I have been practising putting a paper bag over my head, it works ! Just make sure it is paper and not a carrier bag, else you might turn purple ...

Shall I let you go now, or do you want me to hug you a little bit longer, you are getting a bit red ...  :)

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2005, 17:16:38 »
I just had to take my leave of the forum as dog wants to go out.  Only me capable of knowing when dog wants to go out!  House full of folks but no-one can let dog in our out!  Am cross  >:(

If weather is better tomorrow I'm down the lotty. Sod the lot of em
I came, I saw, I composted

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2005, 17:20:28 »
Wardy I do so hope they don't expect you to cook too ?  ???
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2005, 17:25:11 »

If weather is better tomorrow I'm down the lotty. Sod the lot of em

Way to go Wards, chin up me old mucker ave a drink and settle down to A4A ;)
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal