Author Topic: Hoo Haa! Christmas Present delight!  (Read 3265 times)

Yellow Petals

Hoo Haa! Christmas Present delight!
« on: December 20, 2005, 20:32:18 »
My husband has just bought me (without disclosing the price but he's gone to have a lie down) some tickets to see The Eagles at Twickenham next June!  I have been an Eagles fan since I was 12 years old but could never afford to see them before now.  This is their farewell tour so I'm absolutely over the moon!!!  Christmas has come five days early in my household!  Yeehaaaa!   :D :D :D

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
Re: Hoo Haa! Christmas Present delight!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 20:36:08 »
I presume this is probably the best present you could have wanted then ...  :)
I am sure you will have a lovely time.

Derekthefox :D

Yellow Petals

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 20:45:43 »
Oh absolutely, Derek!  Music is something I love more than anything else,and I mostly live in music of the past as I find 'modern' music to be just hideous, but more importantly, The Eagles have been a favourite of mine for years.  I'm 38 now and since the age of about 13, I've only ever really loved three bands without a waining interest; Abba, The Eagles and Queen ( I love almost all music but those three are my three always nearby lol)  Fat chance of ever seeing Abba, Queen died with Freddie and now I get to see the legend that is The Eagles!  My dad is also a big Eagles fan and I wish he could come with me but don't think Hubby would be too pleased!  ;)

undercarriage plan

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 21:22:48 »
Oh YP!! You lucky thing! Hope you have a fantastic time, don't forget it, take pics and enjoy... ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 21:27:04 »
YP. What ever the cost I am sure you are worth every penny/pound. No gentleman would disclose the cost of a present.. (Only Charlie who had to ask ME to get money out of the bank to give to son who was building computer etc for a present. LOL.)
 I bet that has put you in a real happier than usual Christmas mood.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 21:34:21 »
Flippin eck I love the Eagles but the ticket prices are unbelievable.  Who's going to be able to afford those?  Not the fans surely   I wanted to go but not at those prices - it's just out of my league.   I love the Eagles too  :'(
I came, I saw, I composted

Yellow Petals

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 21:38:10 »
I have to agree, the prices are disgusting.  The reason I passed on their last tour was because of the silly ticket prices.  I felt this was something I really really wanted when I saw it was their farewell tour.  Very extravagant I know, but sometimes it has to be done. 

« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 21:46:59 by Yellow Petals »

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 21:41:03 »
Well you know my attitude towards music ... but I would object to paying extravagant prices ...

undercarriage plan

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 21:45:53 »
Yup! Is way too expensive!! I haven't been to a live gig in a long long time, Dire Straits last one I think.......But not the point!! She's going!! So good on ya gal! And I hope it's all you imagined it'd be.
 Wards, I'll sort you out tickets to the next school disco, it's nearly as good.....really...... ;D

Yellow Petals

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2005, 21:47:13 »

.... and anyway, having a husband who's dragged me along to gigs such as Steps, Kylie (5 times), Atomic Kitten (twice) Britney Spears (twice) etc., I've darned well earned my right to be at this Eagles concert!!!!!

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2005, 21:50:04 »
Yp    I feel for you!  If you've been subject to that kerrapp you deserve the Eagles.  Have a lovely time.  I'd love to be their too.  I love the Eagles and can remember buying my first album when I was er very young  ;D  Mind you they sound as good today as they did back then.  
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 08:47:03 by wardy »

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2005, 23:42:46 »
What a pressy - you ll have a grand time :D
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2005, 00:09:55 »
Hmmm yes I would enjoy Dire Straits I think ... if I could manage to get out ...

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2005, 00:20:50 »
Saw David Gray last year - he was fantastic and Stereophonics absolutly blew my mind this year :)
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

terrace max

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2005, 07:36:54 »
Just goes to show - each to their own, it takes different strokes, there's no accounting for taste etc.  :)
I travelled to a mystical time zone
but I missed my bed
so I soon came home

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2005, 08:48:45 »
I like Dire Straits Derek.  My son when he was little used to pretend to be Mark Knofler and he'd sing "money for nuthin and yer chips fer free"  ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2005, 09:53:53 »
Now, David Gray.....yes please!! But right now, if I could, having gone slightly round the twist, I want to hear some electric violin, I don't know why.....is just a strange yen......Like raw talent I think....will go for lie down....Mind you, Queens We will Rock you, love that, have a thing for drums...OK, scratch the lay down, will go for head in bucket solution.....

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2005, 11:07:13 »
 Now then Samantha, while you are so happy about the brilliant EAGLES, would be a good time to ask you to cook Christmas dinner for 11 this year YES!!!.

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2005, 12:02:05 »
Lucky you YP :D  Hope you have a great time.  BTW  did you see the programme about Abba's hits on tele last night - really good :)
Happy gardening all...........Pat

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2005, 14:10:31 »
Just goes to show - each to their own, it takes different strokes, there's no accounting for taste etc. :)
shall we start a musical thread then? to argue about our tastes (and of course, i have the very best) ;D
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal