Author Topic: End of the year  (Read 1878 times)

carrot-cruncher

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
End of the year
« on: December 11, 2005, 14:29:43 »
Well, today I went down the lottie for what is likely to be the last time this year.   I lifted all my bed edging ready for the plot to be ploughed by my council asap, so I can then start again afresh next year.

In some ways it was quite sad as everything looks so forlorn & the earth is bare.   The only sign of life was the flying rats (aka pigeons)....what I wouldn't give to be able to get some of them plucked, stuffed & wrapped in pastry!!!!!     It would serve the little buggers right for stealing most of my crops through the year.

Have decided next year to attempt square-foot gardening.   I've already got some 4-foot square boxes made up in the garage.   They just need transporting over to the plot, making up & planting.   Let's see how well I do next year.   To jolly myself up I've been reading the seed catalogues & dreaming of having a matching crop (yeah, right!!!!).

If I can keep the dreaded depression at bay next year things should be a lot better.   Finally achieving a life long dream of getting a horse has really helped (plus there's all the extras live unlimited free horse poo & bailer band for tying up crops etc).

Here's hoping & looking forward

CC
"Grow you bugger, grow!!"

Lorna2

• Not So New ...
  • Singing to a friend on his 75th b'day
Re: End of the year
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 14:59:43 »
CC. Heres wishing you a wonderful 2006. You have reminded me must jolt my daughters memory  that I need more "poo" from Phoebe. I have instructed them to bring me the year old stuff!!! Good Luck.

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 17:09:27 »
Best wishes from me too Carrot cruncher. I have a lot more time left during this year, next weekend, and time over the holiday. It is mostly digging at the moment, but there is plenty to keep me occupied, hedges, clearing the whole of the orchard area (that is a big job as it it heavily infested with couch, and planting up a redcurrant bed. I will certainly not run short on tasks, I don't think they will all get done... still otherwise I would only get bored ...

Raising a glass to 2006 ...

Derekthefox :D

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 19:49:55 »
Wow, your Council actually does something, like ploughing?  I lost valuable planting time, just waiting for ours to cut the grass!  :D
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 20:40:29 »
That kinda impressed me too flowerlady :)

good Luck to you and your 2006 crops :)
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

boris

• Quarter Acre
  • Hhmmm, let me think
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 20:48:46 »
Good luck with the plot this year CC. Hope the depression keeps at bay. Lots of sunlight, fresh air and exercise (long walks) helped for me.

Still thinking

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 00:01:29 »
CC,

If you used one of your 4' frames as a whole unit ...  just think how many carrots you could grow for your horse!.    ;D

If you get too blue, always here for a good moan!  ;)

Keep smiling, and have fun with your horse, you lucky thing! ;D

take care,
FL

« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 16:54:06 by flowerlady »
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 15:15:42 »
CC ;)

Things will work out fine in 2006 CC.

Sit down do your Planning over the Winter...Grab that book
Gardening Mag....Spring will soon come.

Ans as Flowerlady said we are all here....and can lend an EAR

Take Care have a Fine Christmas
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

Rose.mary

• Acre
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 20:07:38 »
Carrot Cruncher - It is not the end of a year but the begining of a new one. Can't wait ;D

Rosemary

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal