Author Topic: Blondie  (Read 1859 times)

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
Blondie
« on: December 08, 2005, 18:50:59 »
I went to see Blondie last night and they were rockin!  Debbie was stunning and her voice is as strong as ever. Up on my feet dancing and singing away,I really enjoyed the night.

Hugh Cornwall was support, he was fantastic. His female bass player has got me all inspired to pick mine up again.

Got me t-shirt on and me little lad has his Blondie badges on his Dennis the Menace jumper.  :D

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
Re: Blondie
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 18:53:12 »
I think the support would have attracted me to that gig more than the main act Heldi - always loved the Stranglers.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

terrace max

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 18:53:57 »
Did you go back to their Old Peoples' Home for a sherry after the show...?
I travelled to a mystical time zone
but I missed my bed
so I soon came home

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 18:54:30 »
Excellent Helly, glad it was a wonderful night, perhaps you and adam should start trading 4's ...

Derekthefox :D

Yellow Petals

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 22:50:45 »
Remember Blondie live couple of years ago and thinking her voice sounded appalling.  Studio albums always A1, but live I don't think her voice can hack it (as with a lot of singers) 

When I was at school I always thought of her as the most beautiful woman ever, a real bombshell.  I try not to look these days as it ruins my memories!  Harsh and unfair I know, but true for me all the same!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 00:13:16 by Yellow Petals »

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 00:39:19 »
Ooh harsh Iwould say YP. I thought her voice to be fabulous,really strong. Only one she didn't meet was atomic but she sang it differently which is fair enough. I didn't ever expect her to sound like her records but then they never do really. I prefer an unoverproduced sound anyway. It felt like a real gig.

Hugh Cornwall was a big bonus. We didn't know he was support when we booked the tickets months ago. We both loved the Stranglers so were completely made up. OH liked Hugh more than Blondie.

I remember what an icon Debbie Harry was. I'm really pleased to have seen Blondie and would defo go to see them again.

"I'm sick of old cows " is what my brother texted me from Tenerife when I texted him after the concert. He's over there mending his broken heart after splitting from his 53 year old girlfriend. ( He's 41) He wouldn't kick Debbie Harry out of bed as well I know it!

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 09:55:01 »
Never interested in Blondie, but The Stranglers!  WOW!!  Down in the Sewer, Peaches, No More Hero's, Golden Brown.....oh, I could go on and on...in fact, I am going to go put one of their cd's on....All Live I think!  FAB!  Glad you had a good night Heldi, and gald the DtheM jumper is still popular!

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 09:58:04 »
Really liked Blondie, and glad it was a good gig Heldie.  Do agree with you Wardy.  I think it is a shame that older woman can't grow older gracefully but have to have lots of plastic surgery to be acceptable, which I believe Debbie Harrie has had.  Glad she has still got the voice though, which is the most important thing. busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 11:44:21 »
Listening to Blondie right now , this is taking me back ... hmmm Debbie Harry in a sack ...

Derekthefox ;D

terrace max

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 12:11:19 »
Are you going to throw her in the canal DTF??
I travelled to a mystical time zone
but I missed my bed
so I soon came home

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal