Author Topic: Any one going to watch this on Friday ?  (Read 5188 times)

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
Re: Any one going to watch this on Friday ?
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2005, 20:35:34 »
my son and his G/F has gone to watch it tonite , son is big harry potter fan but says they cut loads out in the film the books are much better

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2005, 11:26:28 »
They did say on the TV that if they stuck to the story lines in the book each film would have to be about 17 hours long. ;D :o

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2005, 09:19:01 »
Well at least they have JK Rowling about to advise the screenwriters on which bits they absolutely had to leave in. I read that the significant parts of each book had to be filmed in order for the last ones to make sense, so if anyone's trying to work out how she'll end it all, you're better off seeing what clues are in the movies than in the books!

I just hope that she makes a better job of it than Julian May did of the Milieu saga. The build-up was fantastic, hints all over the place, bits of flashback in all her previous books to a huge climax (have to add that the second set of books timewise was written first!) and the last book was utter and total pants.  I was so disappointed! 

Still, as Dei ex Machinas are concerned, you can't get much worse than a film I watched the other week and which was so bad I can't remember what it was! Will edit in when I remember... as it's going to annoy me!

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2005, 10:28:27 »
thanks Joji - think she has decided to give it a go, if I remember correctly she was worried about the other films too but was OK when we got there - trouble is now we will have to wait til next Saturday cos Mr Delilah is working away this week - looking forward to it though!!!!!!!! :D
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

grassroots

• Half Acre
  • If at first you dont succeed GIVE UP.
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2005, 14:33:16 »
cant see for the life of me wot all the fuss is about.Harry Pottey was he Bill&bens pal.

Delilah

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2005, 11:40:30 »
We went last night and it was BRILLIANT - little 'un was fine and just cuddled up to me at the end when they were in the maze, but I didn't make it any better for her cos I jumped out of my skin more than once - What a complete scaredy cat I am!!

Looking forward to The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe now - we always go to cinema on Boxing Day  and then on to my mum's for traditional Boxing Day supper of salad, pickles cold turkey for them and cheeses for me :)

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2005, 12:50:22 »
Great Delilah

I am glad she enjoyed it. :) The narnia film has my friends Alaskan Malamutes in it as body guards to the snow queen so we are going to go see it. :)

Delilah

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2005, 13:23:53 »
Wow I'll have to watch out for them when we see it :D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal