Author Topic: This afternoon I will be mostly at an auction  (Read 1838 times)

wardy

• Hectare
This afternoon I will be mostly at an auction
« on: November 20, 2005, 12:07:19 »
Event of the year in our small town starts at 1.00pm in the local boozer.  Charity Auction and the place is going to be packed to the rafters with people and stuff.  I've been to the last three auctions, each one better than the last.  It's popularity is gaining in momentum as it's such a laugh.  People don't take cars as everyone drinks so much and then there is a mass of people and purchases, everything from motorbikes to motorhomes, cookers, fridges, barbecues, you name it, all out on the pavement waiting for taxis and furniture vans to get the lot home.  Last year my husband got a Victoria sponge in the mush after someone paid £20 to stuff it in the landlord's face (unbeknown to him).  He deflected it with a punch and it flew and hit my husband right in the chops.  It ended up on the head of the local funeral director who was asleep.  It slithered further down his head as the afternoon progressed and the room got warmer  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

agapanthus

• Hectare
Re: This afternoon I will be mostly at an auction
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 12:18:37 »
Sound like my idea of a great day Wardy 8)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 13:00:08 »
Sounds like my sort of day.. You started off behaving this morning... give us an update at the end of today!!!!! Have a great time.

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 10:56:14 »
You do make me giggle Wardy - is Russ doing Ok now?
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 11:15:28 »
Wardy. Yep me as well, always giggle at your humour ;D Might add some of your humour is>>>>>>>>>      rarer than rocking horse droppings ;D ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 13:18:00 »
Hey Wardy... That was a compliment ... :)Make me laugh more often.. impossible, even when I am reading one of your "serious" posts I look for the punchline ;D Could have done with a bit of humour just now. I have been hoovering, spitting and polishing (you know how I love housework) so decided to have a cuppa and a biscuit. Picked up a plate, somehow completely missed the work top, plate went crashing to floor, broke in a million little splinters(quarry tile floor).. Picture it.. Elsa thinking it must be food, me shouting at her in case she got splinters in her feet..I am sure it was easier when I went to the office all day!!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal