Author Topic: Frozen on the inside!!  (Read 2006 times)

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
Frozen on the inside!!
« on: November 19, 2005, 10:59:09 »
Just been down to check on my new baby (aka the greenhouse  ;D) It has ice on the inside of the (poly carbon)glass and my coleus has carked it!  :(

Guessing this is not a good thing.  ??? ???

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
Re: Frozen on the inside!!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 11:00:54 »
No, this is certainly not good. I an guessing you dont have insulation and/or heating in your greenhouse? In order to sucesfully overwinter things like coleus you really do need some form of insulation and probably heat as well. Failing that coleus should be kept indoors over winter.

Have a look around on the forum. Plenty advice on heating and insulating your greenhouse to be found.

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 17:34:33 »
Yeh! no heating etc.... is my first year with a greenhouse so didn't know how it would be.

There is a roll of bubble wrap in the warehouse at work with my name on it, just need to work out how it can "fall" into my boot  ;D

EmmaLou

• Half Acre
    • www.peachpicture.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 19:00:47 »
Oh dear I had same problem - got up the other morning to find I had lost a load of plants to frost in the greenhouse! I knew full well that I should have insulated it, but I kept thinking it would save til tomorrow...before I knew it I was too late! humph! :(

Know where there are any rolls of bubble wrap with my name on it? lol

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal