General > Pets Corner

Your favorite animal as a Pet

<< < (3/4) > >>

Doris_Pinks:
Has to be our ex-rats.called Gin and Tonic! Cuddly little critters, we were very sad to see them go to ratty heaven! :-(
Now have Guinea Pigs,  and tropical fish.no where near as affectionate or entertaining!
Have had mice, (stinky) hamster (vicious!) I am allergic to cats n dogs so they are a no go area in our house!  :'(

eileen:
I have to agree with you Doris about rats. :D  I've kept fancy rats for over 20 years and find them wonderful pets.
They don't bite like hamsters, are cleaner than mice, are intelligent and trainable and full of fun. They are equal top with dogs for me.  ;D

Eileen.

Gardengirl:
You actually train your rats Eileen  ??? :D :D  What do you get them doing 'sit' and 'fetch' ;D ;D ;D

eileen:
Amazing what you can get them to do Pat.

Yes, they will fetch and yes they do sit. They also answer to their names and obey simple commands like 'off ', 'up', 'down', 'bed', 'no', 'yes', 'take', 'leave' etc. They are as intelligent as some dogs and love to learn.
One even knew the word 'football' and would run off and get her table tennis ball so that she could play with you!!

I hasten to add I never 'make' them do anything they don''t want to do and would never teach them 'tricks.'

They really do make lovely pets it's just a pity their lives are so short.

Cheers Eileen.

Ceri:
And that's more training than many men can cope with!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version