Author Topic: Twinkle  (Read 2386 times)

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
Twinkle
« on: November 08, 2005, 13:57:03 »
don't know how many of you followed the story of my little cat Twinkle but heres a very sad update

She fell asleep today  :'(

She had been quiet for a couple of days, hiding away a little but I thought it was the fireworks which were frightening her because she is a timid little puss but last night and this morning she didn,t eat and couldn't walk on one of hind legs.  By the time I got to the vets she was unable to walk on both hind legs so I did the kindest thing and said my goodbyes.  :'(

If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

Tulipa

• Hectare
Re: Twinkle
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 14:24:47 »
Oh Delilah, such a hard goodbye to say, I really feel for you - big cyber hugs coming your way!  At least she is not poorly any more.  Take care.

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 14:55:15 »

Sooooo sorry to hear about little Twinkle's passing.

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 19:23:40 »
So sorry to hear your news Delilah.  Really had high hopes for Twinkles recovery.  HUGE HUGS  to you.
Happy gardening all...........Pat

Delilah

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 15:49:27 »
Thanks for your thoughts - we all thought she was recovering well but she suddenly went downhill very quickly over the weekend.

We are all missing her dreadfully especially Meg, the dog, they were great pals - the girls were gutted, this is the first loss of pet they have had to deal with, although we had tried to prepare them for the inevitable it still comes as a shock.  We have two more much loved moggies but they are quite frail and elderly too so we treasure the time they have left with us.

We all being very British about our loss - Stiff Upper Lip and all that but there is a little hole in our lives now!! :'(

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 19:39:36 »
Aaw Delilah that is sad news.  Poor little Twinkle.   :'(    I'm so sorry for you.

Delilah

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 10:49:19 »
Collected Twinks ashes this morning - so beautifully presented in a little wooden urn complete a brass plaque with her name engraved on it - it has taken its place in our living room, don't think I will be scattering them, I quite like joji's idea of being buried with our pets when we leave this mortal land.

The strangest thing happened when I got home, I sat for a moment with her ashes on my knee and Meg came over and licked the box!!   She is still a little subdued without her pal and we don't know what to do to help her feel better, perhaps only time will heal, does anyone have any ideas?

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005, 16:38:07 »
 :o :'( :'( So sorry Delilah.  HUGS

Wardy is right. I would wait a while too before getting another cat.  ;)

Delilah

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2005, 22:48:38 »
We do still have two cats and couldn't face having anymore for quite a while, they don't seem to have missed twinkle atall its just the dog who is a little lost.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal