Author Topic: Monday Monday  (Read 2313 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Monday Monday
« on: November 07, 2005, 13:40:04 »
Decided it is about time to knuckle down and do some Chrimble shopping today.  Did lots last night online, did more this morning.  Really wanted to go to the allotment, but after all the rain we had last night it seemed daft - would probably do more harm than good.  Now if only it will stay dry for the rest of today and tonite, then I can spent the whole day there tomorrow!

The sun is shining brightly in Essex and I shall be walking the school run and then into the mobile library with the kids.  Hope the sun is shining in your part of the world!

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
Re: Monday Monday
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 14:55:43 »
Haven't done any chrimbo shopping yet, just had littliest sprogs birthday and then got eldest ones in December so really should start soon - I like to wait until I am feeling Christmassy, we go to Lincoln Christmas Market and Clumber Park Christmas Market in December  :D
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

kentishchloe

• Half Acre
  • Happy Tummies:)
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 15:37:40 »
I don't know what's going on this year - i bought ribbons & bows for xmas wrapping on sat and wrapping paper today - usually don't get act together till much later. Mind you a couple i work with have already got their tree up in their flat!!!!!!! :o
And there were gardens bright with sinuous rills,
Where blossomed many an incense-bearing tree;
'Kubla Khan' Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Delilah

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 15:44:16 »
Oh God I'm loosing the plot here, thought I'd already posted a reply to tell Wardy that craft market at Clumber Park is on the first 2 weekends in December, Sat and Sun but its not here, where is it, have I posted it on another thread, if anybody finds it don't worry I've never had all my marbles!!

Anyway back to the topic the Clumber Park Market is mainly craft stalls and is by no means a big event but its a good excuse to have a day out in pleasant surroundings rather than Christmas shopping in Claustrophobic Meadowhall

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 16:01:08 »
I've spent today going round in circles and getting nothing done. Felt a bit fed up so EJ, I ordered some boots off the net! The wedges you didn't like. :) I had to make do with beige ones an all cos no size fives in black. Never mind they'll do for trolleying around at the weekend lol! On the plus side I still NEED some black boots.

Haven't started Chrimbo shopping, apart from a packet of biscuits shaped like Christmas trees. I've eaten a load of milk chocolate brazilnuts too. Thats a bit Christmassy isn't it?!

robkb

• Hectare
  • SE London
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2005, 16:05:26 »
I've started my Xmas shopping - so far I've managed to buy the River Cottage Meat book, diary and CD. Trouble is, they're all for me :-[...oh well, it's the thought that counts ;D

Cheers,
Rob ;)
"Only when the last tree has been cut down, and the last river has been poisoned, and the last fish has been caught, will we realise that we cannot eat money." - Cree Indian proverb.

amanda21

• Acre
  • 40's the new 30 - right?
    • ...and I Hate Worms!
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2005, 16:11:51 »
Started mine! :)  Only got two but that's far more than I normally have by now.  We have lots of big family birthdays between now and Christmas which doesn't help but the biggest is Daughter No. 1 who will be 17 this year so driving lessons all round which is easy!   ;D

Hubbie has just told me he has booked some Fridays off work (I don't work Fridays) to 'help' me with the shopping.  This is brilliant because he makes me make decisions rather than dilly dallying around.  And of course he can carry the bags!   ;D
http://ihateworms.blogspot.com/  - Why then do I so want an allotment?

Lily

• Acre
  • When the going gets tough, hide in the allotment.
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2005, 16:32:26 »
I had a lovely afternoon down on the 'lottie'  I was surprised to find the bonfire still hot ( we lit it on Saturday evening) and after turning the embers, I saw some flames and smoke  :o.  I turned the contents of the compost bin over and 2 rats ran out into the next compost  :o :o.

I sat and had several cups of coffee and absorbed the suns rays.  It then became inevitable that I had to christen the newly created, makeshift loo bucket, (plain bucket with wood chips in) and emptied the contents onto the compost. (Sorry is that tooooooooo much info).  I replaced contents with new wood chips and sage leaves, just to keep the hut smelling sweet ;D  ;D

Christmas shopping I leave as late as possible, but having said that I am off to Gateshead shopping Centre later in November and a couple of Belgium Christmas markets in early December. 

Does anyone know if you are allowed to bring food back into the UK from Belgium.

Happy Christmas shopping everyone.

Lily

' A problem shared is a problem halved'

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2005, 17:27:49 »
There is a village Chrissy market in Danbury towards the end of November which I am planning to go to, along with the Dickinsion night in Chelmsford and the Victorian Christmas evening in Maldon.  Next year mum and I will defo go to one of the european chrissy markets!

Treacletop

• Quarter Acre
  • Mad woman with Sword!
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2005, 19:19:32 »
I went to work   :-[
Be true to yourself..nobody else will!

undercarriage plan

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2005, 19:35:17 »
Well, I gardened but wasn't my garden or lottie  :'(! But was lovely sunny day.. ;D Then took eldest child for brace tightening......poor thing, aches like the blazes after! Am not going Christmas shopping til  Dec 1st, will close eyes and run round the shops like mad thing in one day!! Our neighbours a few doors up, have just put up their outside Christmas lights!! Am going about with bucket on head til Jan....Think I've done mine actually, 6 goats and a toilet... ;D
Lottie

Delilah

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2005, 19:59:29 »
Atleast 3 sets of outside lights that I've seen in the town - can,t cope with decorations until December - guess what Lottie I've bitten the bullet and bought some goats, school uniforms and library books ;D

Feeling very proud of myself  ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2005, 20:06:19 »

Yehay!! Well done you!! Is hard to break traditions, mine are probably muttering in the background now...."bloody goats....." But hey, felt good!! And can't face buying another scented candle... ;)

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2005, 20:37:11 »
I went to work   :-[
I had to go back to work today as well - and it has rained for most of the two weeks off so I have not got as much digging done as I wanted and now it will have to await the midwinter holiday.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Yellow Petals

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2005, 20:57:36 »
I've almost finished my Christmas shopping now.  It's most unlike me, I don't usually start until somewhere in December but I'd saved up rather a good amount in my paypal account so thought, why not?!  I've got all but my husband's main present, yay!

I'm not a bah-humbug because Christmas is my favourite time of the year but, the crowds, the queues, the silly prices, the tempers of Mr & Mrs Joe Average have all steered me right away from the shops this year and into the comfort of my computer chair!  Cup of tea in one hand, slice of toast in the other, having a good old shop on the web!

So many plus sides to it and.....so much cheaper! 

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2005, 22:59:45 »
OOOOOH,  how could anyone not go christmas shopping, i love it, we have only one more crimbo pressie to get and we have finished, its the wrapping that is so boring,been lazy and had some of them giftwrapped, some will go in those lovely gift bags,anything to get out of wrapping.  The cakes are made just need to keep feeding them brandy now been made for at least 3 weeks, the tree goes up the 1st sunday in December,always has done then it begins to feel like Christmas is on the way. Ooooooooh! i really do love Christmas.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal