Author Topic: Amazed!!  (Read 2284 times)

undercarriage plan

Amazed!!
« on: October 27, 2005, 18:41:09 »
By how much there is still growing away quite happily at the lottie! Popped over today for abit of weeding, and came home with pots, runners, celery, aubergines, carrots, leeks and some parsnips!! Kids faces fell when I walked in though....!!! ;D ;D ;D Think they getting vegged out now!!
Lottie  ;D

wardy

• Hectare
Re: Amazed!!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 18:51:40 »
 ;D  Vegged out old man here too.  He's getting pumpkin curry tonight when he gets in.  Only about 30 more squashes left  ;D

We'll be mostly eating pak choi tomorrow.  Picked a whopper today  :o
I came, I saw, I composted

undercarriage plan

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 18:54:11 »
LOL!! Wonder if we're all surrounded by families whose enthusiasm is on the wane......Mine barely lifted an eyebrow when said "Minestrone soup tonight!" In fact, mass exodus to the fish and chip shop imminent.... ::) ::) ::)
Lottie

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
  • Doh..I got a slug farm,a flea beetle heaven..doh!
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 18:57:17 »
My family all well up for it still!   Had them loitering around today watching me digging and eating the odd late raspberry while enthusing over the big carrots and continually asking "what else can we eat tonight.   

I'm more concerned they'll eat it clean like a swarm of locusts before things have mature properly.  Considering a mine filed around the parsnips if I have to sayafter the frosts much more often!!    ;D
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

Dominique

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 20:21:56 »
Kids faces fell when I walked in though....!!! ;D ;D ;D Think they getting vegged out now!!

Same here!  I keep on coming back with more runner beans and guess what?  There's lots more baby courgettes on the plants!   :D  I think they'll all be leaving home soon....

undercarriage plan

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 21:02:53 »
Well, could be the way forward to a quieter household...!

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 08:35:21 »
I haven't really even started on the leeks, parsnips, swede, and celeriac yet. I still have one row of PFA not yet lifted, probably slug food now. And there is still a half hundredweight of carrots yet to lift. Five monster pumpkins are asking for somewhere to be stored. Might turn another one into curry over the weekend.
Done my back in carrying massive sacks of spuds home ... no room anywhere in our house now ...

Derekthefox :D

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 11:08:20 »
I got more courgettes last night (and gave them away as I've got a pile still). Spuds are finally dying back (my Sarpos) and so will get dug tomorrow if as promised it's dry.  Carrots still going. Beetroot need getting out. Parsnips and leeks will be fine for some time yet. Cabbages (minicole) still happily standing. Red cabbages have blown over this last week thanks to the wind, but are hearting nicely.  Picked punnet of raspberries. Picked apples.  Loads of spinach and chard.

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2005, 11:26:36 »
Lottie - what sort of Celery?

undercarriage plan

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2005, 11:40:23 »
Erm, yes would quite like to know that myself!! Permanent marker is not permanent!! Is self-blanching, lovely big plants, and still edible!! Looking bit rough around the edges, but centre is fine. Next season, I'm going to label in pencil!!  ;D ;D ;D

terrace max

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2005, 15:09:53 »
My celery (Imperial) was great until last week but now the slugs have found it  :-\
I travelled to a mystical time zone
but I missed my bed
so I soon came home

Diana

• Acre
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2005, 15:58:32 »
In fact, mass exodus to the fish and chip shop imminent.... ::) ::) ::)
Lottie

Get some of the peas out the freezer you put there earlier in the year (asumption) + serve 'em mushy peas with their chips ;D

That'll teach 'em!
Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert

undercarriage plan

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2005, 16:24:28 »
LOL! Good plan! Just the sight of mushy peas makes me feel bit erm dodgey!!
TM, perhaps you should try disguising your celery as leeks? Confuse the snails......? ;D ;)
Lottie

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal