Author Topic: River Cottage Diary  (Read 3666 times)

AikenDrum

• Acre
River Cottage Diary
« on: October 24, 2005, 02:51:04 »
Not advertising, honest !  just got this in an e-mail  ....

http://www.rivercottage.net/rcv2/shop/books.jsp?shop%3dbookRc&filter%3dhugh#492
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is the fact that it has never tried to contact us.

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
Re: River Cottage Diary
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 12:09:36 »
Blimey Aiken - I guess you must work nights! 2.50 am!!!

robkb

• Hectare
  • SE London
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 10:40:13 »
Blimey! Not cheap is it:o Mind you, it's still two quid cheaper than Sarah Raven's...

Cheers,
Rob ;)
"Only when the last tree has been cut down, and the last river has been poisoned, and the last fish has been caught, will we realise that we cannot eat money." - Cree Indian proverb.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 15:30:34 »
Oh dear, just clicked add to basket, and proceed to check out.....Have the will power of a slug!! But it does look really good, and I need it, not want, need....!!! ;D ;D ;D
Thanks Aiken! I think.... :-\

Debs

• Hectare
  • If at first you don't succeed, try and try again!!
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2005, 19:37:23 »
Have managed to resist (just).

Last count of cookbooks was almost 40 ... ;D

Debs

robkb

• Hectare
  • SE London
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005, 15:53:28 »
I don't believe it  :o (said in best Victor Meldrew tones)! I've only gorn and ordered it!! :o :o

In my defence m'lud I was ordering the Meat book at the time and it accidentally 'slipped' into my basket... that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Oh well, what are credit cards for anyway?!? ???

Cheers,
Rob ;)
"Only when the last tree has been cut down, and the last river has been poisoned, and the last fish has been caught, will we realise that we cannot eat money." - Cree Indian proverb.

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2005, 20:19:46 »
Just when I thought I was cured of my Amazon addiction.......d**n I ordered it!!
 ;D ;D ;D

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 00:02:21 »
I hope Dan is getting a cut.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

robkb

• Hectare
  • SE London
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 13:28:00 »
My family think there's summat wrong with me as I thought the fried calves bo**ocks on toast looked delicious :o But then again, my family often think there's summat wrong with me...

Cheers,
Rob ;)

RobinOfTheHood

• Hectare
  • South Yorks
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005, 16:57:19 »
Big Mac, anyone?  :)  ;D ;D ;D
I hoe, I hoe, then off to work I go.

http://tapnewswire.com/

undercarriage plan

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2005, 09:23:51 »
Err....I had a brain aberration on Sat, Wardy....Big mac, fries and coke!!! But, by 'eck it tasted good!! ;D ;D ;D Is alright, have regained control and am eating carrot stick.....Actually popped up to say my diary arrived this am, and am well impressed!! Is full of ideas, recipes, seasons for grouse  ???. planting times, and nice big area to write stuff. Thank you, Aiken!!
Lottie  ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2005, 09:31:31 »
Oh yes, Wardy!! Go for it! Am dead impressed, have never sat down to read an empty diary before.... ??? ;) Am also hoping Gill does home cooking lessons.....Gill, as in not girls name........ ;D ;D ;D ;)

robkb

• Hectare
  • SE London
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2005, 11:56:04 »
Am dead impressed, have never sat down to read an empty diary before.... ??? ;)

I'm soooo glad you said that, cos I ended up doing the same! :o ;D It is pretty good though, innit - much more use than the junk I usually get given (last years was "This Diary Will Change Your Life" - no it won't, but it will get shredded and added to the compost bin!).

Cheers,
Rob ;)

undercarriage plan

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2005, 13:35:58 »
LOL! Am back and first thing I did was pick it up and start browsing again!! And have reached step 2 of the 12 step approach!! Is probably as far as I'll go cos my attention span is erm....ooo look at that, I never knew you could do that to a duck.....!!  ;D ;D ;D
Lottie

robkb

• Hectare
  • SE London
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2005, 14:08:54 »
LOL! Am back and first thing I did was pick it up and start browsing again!! And have reached step 2 of the 12 step approach!! Is probably as far as I'll go cos my attention span is erm....ooo look at that, I never knew you could do that to a duck.....!!  ;D ;D ;D
Lottie

I'm not even going to ask... :o

Cheers,
Rob ;)

paranoid mandroid

• Quarter Acre
  • It's me!
    • 21st Century Good Life?
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2005, 15:10:47 »
im so glad that im not the only person to have an amazon addiction or a 'buy on sight' problem with gardening/cookbooks. i think im spending more than i earn. my excuse to myself is always 'it will pay off because of all the stuff i'll be growing'... yeah right ;)
Check out my blog. updated on wednesday 30th November 2005 you can say hello to my chickens ;D
http://21stcenturygoodlife.blogspot.com/

undercarriage plan

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2005, 16:18:19 »
I'm normally pretty restrained!! But occasionally, I don't know what comes over me, I just have to have something!! That thing being the diary!! Luckily, my impulse purchases only occur during a full moon and normally come to not more than tenner......I cooked the honey glazed carrots, by the way, and Mmmmmm!!  ;D Stil trying to work out step 3......forgot step 2...overslept... ::) ;)
Lottie

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
Cure for spending addiction
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2005, 19:15:51 »
The best cure for all financially related addictions is to be in my current financial situation.  You will then have no choice but to go cold turkey so if anybody would like to buy all my debts off me they are going for a knock down price.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

undercarriage plan

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2005, 20:24:06 »
Was only the once....one little, ickle diary......and it was needed.......how else would I know when elk shooting season started??
Lottie  ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2005, 09:06:07 »
Oh Wards!! You know it's a black tie and ball gown affair!!! ::) And don't forget tiara for the start of squid season..... ;D ;D ;D ;)
Lottie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal