Author Topic: A shed with a view!  (Read 2743 times)

Suru

• Not So New ...
A shed with a view!
« on: October 19, 2005, 13:32:45 »
Hi everyone!
   Hope that I'm not boring everyone.But after nail biting months of waiting we've finally got an allotment.I went yesterday for a look around and I'm' well chuffed' with the plot and we've even got a shed -with no roof ,but hey!It was cultivated until a few months ago
so seems in fairly good shape at first glance.
We have inherited a plum tree,a lovely rhubarb patch,and some strawberries.I've never grown strawberries so excuse my ignorance.The leaves look very dry and reddish.Is this normal at this time of year and should I cut them back,or could it be some horrible virus? ???Any help gratefully received.
          Thanks Sue :)

Suru

• Not So New ...
Re: A shed with a view!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 15:42:25 »
Hi Wardy and thanks for the encouragement!I think you're right about the strawbs.They are tucked away in a corner so I don't think that they'll do any harm.I was awake at 3'o'clock this morning
planning and scheming about the plot-I should sleep tonight!
 Thats our little crossbreed dog Molly.We've only had her since May and we all love her to bits!She originally belonged to two young neighbours of ours who had got her from a rescue centre,but they found it hard to cope with her and a new baby so we adopted her and the rest as they say is history!My OH says that shes a cross between a labrador and a dustbin as she'll eat anything she can find :o.But I think she has quite a lot of terrier in there too!
        Will keep you posted on progress!
        Best wishes Sue :)

Suru

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 13:42:06 »
I think I've woken up already Wardy.The exhaust's just gone on the car!Thats the end of my new shed roof for another week then.Never mind, I 've been down trying to  sort out and clean the shed and I 've found quite a few pots and useful bits amongst the junk.Taking OH and kids down on Saturday and then doing some serious digging with best chum and co plot holder on Sunday-weather permitting of course!Just discovered a shop which does lovely bacon butties just around the corner-well we've got to feed the troops ;)
        All the best Sue

flowerofshona

• Half Acre
  • Life is a lottie
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 14:48:00 »
Yay congrats on the new lottie  :D
Strawberrys i would shear all the old leaves off and clear away, this removes and disease and bugs and will give them a nice fresh start next year :)

Suru

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 17:01:39 »
Thanks  for the good wishes  and the strawberry advice Flowers of Shona .I shall give them a trim back and see what develops.I've just put our name down for the next manure drop.Anyone got a shovel?
                Best Wishes Sue :)

Dan 2

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 08:49:00 »
Best Wishes with the Lottie Suru! Happy growing! Dan :-)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal