Author Topic: elderberries-can i eat them?  (Read 14762 times)

undercarriage plan

Re: elderberries-can i eat them?
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2005, 19:07:00 »
Powerspade, horrible as it must have been to receive those emails, try and think of it as how teeny tiny someones brain must be, when the highlight of their day, is sending nasty emails about elderberries.....If was me, I'd be back, far more opiniated than before!! So, come on!! Before I eat wrong thing again... ::) Lottie

amphibian

« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2005, 21:45:25 »
well I gave you a warning about eating the berries there was no need for people to send me abusive emails. I never thought I would meet such nasty people on this site never mind I wont bother any of you again

Abusive emails, really?

My god.

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2005, 23:42:04 »
Time we laid this to rest , if he/she will not respond , then we have no other option but to seek closure on this. I for one am genuinely upset that (alledgedly) one of us would appear to have transgressed the unwritten rules governing acceptable behaviour , however , since we have no point of reference  .. we must bring the curtain down on it and move forward  ...  < ... personally .. I've got an an allotment to deal with  !  *shivers*  .. so daisymay  .. have you had a look at it ?  ... be honest  !    {:¬ (
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is the fact that it has never tried to contact us.

gardenqueen

• Acre
  • Love to garden.
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2005, 08:17:59 »
Instead of waiting for the berries to form, try making elderflower fritters, scrummy!

amphibian

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2005, 11:12:23 »
Instead of waiting for the berries to form, try making elderflower fritters, scrummy!

I've never tried that, sounds good.

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2005, 13:31:45 »
< ... personally .. I've got an allotment to deal with  !  *shivers*  .. so daisymay  .. have you had a look at it ?  ... be honest  !    {:¬ (

we did have a stroll down to be honest..... erm.... give it a mow, would be perfect for crocquet!  ;D

You don't seem to have our bindweed problem too bad over your side, but you appear to have my share of couch grass, so I guess we are quits?!?  :)

Good luck and see you down there soon no doubt!

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2005, 14:47:20 »
Well, that confirms it, it's couch grass, wasn't sure as I'm a total no-knowledge. If/when it gets rotivated, will the problem just completely resurface ? (unintentional pun)
Is there a weed killer that I should use just this once ?   {:¬)#
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is the fact that it has never tried to contact us.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2005, 23:29:39 »
Oh my, don't rotivate couch grass!  Every single little bit of root you cut in half and half again will grow and your crop of couch will multiply tenfold!  I have no idea on weedkillers I'm afraid, I am a digger.  My plot number 2 looked like a footy pitch when I took it on, but gradually I have cleared all of the couch and when some springs up from deep deep within the bowels of the earth, I dig a little more!

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2005, 23:34:02 »
Darn, never had a plot b4 and the council said they would rotivate it the first time for free. Thought they were doing me a favour and said yes !   {:¬ (
Wonder if I can cancel it  ...

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal