Author Topic: Penwortham Vandals  (Read 2736 times)

2Daves Growing

• Not So New ...
Penwortham Vandals
« on: October 13, 2005, 12:46:25 »
Just to let anyone know that vandals attacked some plots on Penwortham Holme West allotments in Preston last night. They caused damage to mainly sheds, including mine.  They seem to have targeted newer sheds, causing broken windows, smashed doors, and generally trashing the contents (although not actually stealing anything it seems).  Call the secretary to check if your plot is ok, because it's a horrible feeling to go down there and find your plot damaged.

2Daves Growing

• Not So New ...
Re: Penwortham Vandals
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 14:23:02 »
Just a quick note to say that i now have restored faith in our police forces.  Not only were they at the plot within 30 mins, they now have DNA evidence and a suspect to find and question.  Totally professional and it proves that they do take our allotment offences seriously, at least here in Lancashire.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 14:25:09 »
Awww 2DG, that must have been awful to see, good to see the police taking it seriously, as well they should be...and ....hellooooooo!
Lottie

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 14:41:04 »
Yes, you have my sympathies, it is gutting to have this sort of damage. Apparently, there was a similar episode at our allotments late one night, several plots were targetted, sheds broken into but nothing missing. The police left notes on all the affected sheds with reference numbers etc. Apparently, the helicopter was involved too, so it must have been a relatively quiet night for the police !!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal