Author Topic: Folding Wheelbarrows  (Read 2014 times)

EmmaLou

• Half Acre
    • www.peachpicture.co.uk
Folding Wheelbarrows
« on: October 13, 2005, 15:56:32 »
I am thinking about getting a folding wheelbarrow to use at the allotment. The reason I want a folding one is because it needs to fit in the car so that I can put all my tools etc in it to transport them to my plot. I am finding it very difficult to carry everything and I'm not very good at planning what I need, so tend to take all my tools. (Some of you may already know that we aren't allowed sheds to store stuff on our site).

Do any of you use one of these? If so what do you think of them? Do they last very long?

Emma

BAGGY

• Hectare
Re: Folding Wheelbarrows
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 18:17:48 »
Before i got the hang of the site wheel barrows i used to use a huge blue ikea bag to carry stuff from the car.  Was esp good for carrying mulch from the car park to the plot.  And they're £1.50 i think
Get with the beat Baggy

adam04

• Hectare
  • Who are you?
    • FedEx VG
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 18:21:05 »
cant you all chip togather or something and buy a wheelbarrow between a few of you on your plot and find somehwere to leave it?? then you can just use the one at the site for lugging tools around.

i dont know how strong the fold-up ones would be for holding toools etc all the time, i imagine they are fine for holding plant maetrial grass cuttings and a few smaller tools but not to sure if a fork would just go straight through it.

EmmaLou

• Half Acre
    • www.peachpicture.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 20:20:10 »
I have found this one:
http://www.drgrowgood.co.uk/garden_barrows_carts.htm

looks quite good as it has extra bits on the side to hold tools.

At the moment I am using a huge sports/travel bag, but it has already got holes in it. I don't think the site do shared equipment and I don't know anyone there that I could buy a wheelbarrow with.

I think I might have to risk it and buy the folding wheelbarrow above. hmm :-\

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 21:14:59 »
We have a fold-up wheelbarrow on our communal plot which I use for ferrying stuff to and from me lotty which is the furthest point away from the road so quite a treck.  Like you I can't carry everything so have found it useful.  Trouble is it's not very good, a bit flimsy, and it tends to come apart!  Mind you it was a lotty find so it's not as if it cost us anything.  Looks ever so smart though - it's tartan. When we did our lotty open day my arty niece filled it stylishly with veggies - it looked fantastic  ;D  Anyway I digress!  Get yourself one, they're not that dear and like you say you can chuck it in the boot  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

EmmaLou

• Half Acre
    • www.peachpicture.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005, 21:21:07 »
Thanks wardy! Think I will go ahead.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal