Author Topic: keeping chickens on the lottie??  (Read 1252 times)

lorz

• Not So New ...
keeping chickens on the lottie??
« on: October 03, 2005, 18:46:31 »
hi,
im still fairly new to the allotments and i am still trying to win the (neverending, or so it seems!) battle with the weeds. i think that i have just about got it into a sutiable state and i want to keep chickens on there however i am not sure whether i can or not and i am hoping that some of you can help me. i am not even sure who to contact to ask!

plz help
lorz
Lorz XX :) :)

EmmaLou

• Half Acre
    • www.peachpicture.co.uk
Re: keeping chickens on the lottie??
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 21:45:36 »
Hi Lorz

Probably your best bet is to ask whoever you rent the lottie from. Are there other people on the lottie with chickens? If so probably ok, but should double check with owners. Did you get given a contract when you took it on? If It doesn't say you can't keep them, then I would go ahead. Some places don't mind as long as you don't keep a cockerel.

Good luck!

lorz

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 18:03:10 »
thanx emmalou i will ask the person that we rent from but i didn't get a contract and i dont think that anyone else has any. but i'll try asking anyway.  ;D
Lorz XX :) :)

EmmaLou

• Half Acre
    • www.peachpicture.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 20:16:37 »
If they say no - make sure you fight for the right! If there is no contract then they can't really say no (need a good excuse or objections from other lottie holders). I am currently fighting to keep a swing on my lottie for my 2 year old, the council have asked me to remove it (see my thread  called Allotment restrictions).

Good luck!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal