Author Topic: what have you got (pets)  (Read 16973 times)

flowerofshona

• Half Acre
  • Life is a lottie
Re: what have you got (pets)
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2005, 11:39:14 »
And i thought i was bad with my lot  ;D
1 black lab dog Chester 1 1/2 years old
1 black lab pregnant dog Mia 2 1/2 years old
1 choc lab pregnant dog Hazel  7 months old
1 yellow lab pregnant dog Jasmin 7 years old (Mias mum)
1 irish wolf hound cross Harley 6 years old(rescued)
1 staffi x dog Shooie 7 1/2 years old (rescued)

1 Cat female Tiggy 20 years old and the BOSS
24 chinchillas
1 rabbit and Koi carp (about 23)

So glad Twinkle is ok :)

allotmanye

• Not So New ...
    • www.hoehoehoe@blogspot.com
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2005, 13:59:41 »
I have a Bengal cat called Simba. He is part domestic cat and part wild Asian Leopard Cat . He has a spotted coat a bit like a Leopard and is a F3 which is three generations from a wild cat. He is wonderful and acts more like a puppy than a cat.

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2005, 15:14:54 »
thanks for asking Heldi - Twinks is doing well, had stitches out this week return to vets on 31st for more x-rays to check the shadow over lung area, our new arrival has been returned to original owners, they were on holiday and the neighbours were feeding him!  They had not seen him for a few days and didn't think he was eating much food but never realised he was missing!!!!!!!!!

My mum is moving in for a week to look after twinks while we take a well deserved rest in Cornwall - see you in a week!!!!!!!!!!
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2005, 15:23:23 »
We used to have a tank of tropical fish (daughter's) but gave them to a good home when we had to have the builders in.

We have three cats.  Zazu, the eldest came from a supermarket - he was in a box with a young couple seeking a home for him.  He's black and white, long-haired and very handsome and 6 yrs old now.  He had an accident in Feb and, like Twinkle, has lost a front leg.  Got depressed for a while but is fine now and very mobile but not good at cornering when playing ticky.  He also has no brakes on our tiled floor or when he jumps on the office desk to "help" with the filing.  Papers everywhere!

Sacha is a long-haired tabby I found thru an add in a pet and garden store.  She was grey as a kitten but changed.  She's a demon huntress and very jealous - as we discovered when someone abandoned a kitten in the rain outside our house last November.  It took me ages to catch him and bring him in and he spent 10 days under our bed before coming out to play.   Sacha then pounced and tried to kill him and shred me so became a headcase for a while and Casper is now a basket case but very loving and cuddly.  He's a pretty tabby with white paws and tum.

It's been interesting.  Couldn't pick Sacha up for ages without being shredded and we had to shuffle cats in and out of rooms so they didn't meet.  Now she purrs and just gives a token chew and has started playing again.

Almost a year on and Casper is twice her size but still wets himself if he thinks he's cornered.  The daft thing is that friends came to dinner once with their Jack Russell - an adopted dog who'd been abandoned twice before and can't be left on his own.   Casper put him in his place in no uncertain terms but dives under furniture and growls when the demon Sacha hoves into view.

Still, they're all off to the cat hotel for 10 days soon and this time will be sharing a pen.  That should finally sort them out.   Zazu is a perfect kitten trainer and whacks t'other pair when they're being naughty so he can arbitrate and the lady is fore-warned and knows to keep an eye and separate them if it gets out of hand.

We've always had loads of cats at once with abandoned, sick and lonely girl thingies turning up and no bother at all so this has been weird.   Daughter wants a dog but guess who'd get all the walkies and poop scooping!  She wants a horse - ditto!   And the cost of kennels for holidays!  And what would Sacha do to a puppy?  No way I say.
Obxx - Vendée France

roundtoit

• Not So New ...
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2005, 16:26:22 »
We  have a weimaraner called Annie (that is "my wife has...")- like bella - a great character and very friendly, but it must be something about the breed - they can all look very snooty and superior, a "today ze allotment, und tomorrow ze vorld!" type of down-the-nose look (and its quite a nose).  Loves walks/runs but when she gets back she's a real couch potato.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 17:43:55 by roundtoit »

flowerofshona

• Half Acre
  • Life is a lottie
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2005, 19:43:20 »
Its funny it sounds a lot when you write it all down but the dogs are so well behaved (on a good day  ;D ) i dont notice the number and they are under my feet all day indoors.
The cat can be VERY demanding and when she wants a cuddle eveything else has to stop !
Huckleberry the bunny is happy as long as he has food and his toys to throw around and can have a run every day and the chins have their own heated/aircon shed !
Here is my old lady tiggy :)

karrot

• Half Acre
  • It was a hard days digging!!
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2005, 22:20:33 »
hi roundtoit
coach potato isn't the word, Bella lives on our sofa by day, and in our bed at night.
one day she might get to grow into her ears too

colleenemp

• Half Acre
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2005, 12:26:33 »
I converted to cats after Gus, my dog died in January (fast car, escaped dog...protracted mourning that non dog owners couldn't understand.). Went to cats protection and 'tried out' cats until 2 black ones, Louis and Armande took my fancy....they had languished there for 4 1/2 months....they are marvelous, and less keen on leaving the garden when I'm pottering than poor Gus was...thanfully.

roundtoit

• Not So New ...
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2005, 15:32:29 »
Karrot - don't knock the ears!! annie's feel just like suede, and they are a great hit with her pals on on the local dog-walking fields. She just stands there and lets them pull them (gently of course) then its off for another run...

karrot

• Half Acre
  • It was a hard days digging!!
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2005, 23:19:00 »
when Bella was a pup she always pulled her head out of the water bowl soaked ,then continued to drip from her ears throughout the house, it was when we had to start washing her ears after meal times we decided to tie them back (loosely of course) i wish id taken a picture

myrtle

• Half Acre
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2005, 17:28:10 »
I have 9 tortoises. 
    Maurice, Boris and Bruce - Spur-thighed
  • Nelson, Della and Edith - Leopards
  • Sid and Elsie - Horsfields
  • Myrtle -  American Box
All rescued.

Looby Loo

• Half Acre
    • Louise Jayne photography
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2005, 09:27:07 »

Megan.

Hider of shoes and socks, chaser of rabbits, swans, squirrels and any dog bigger than her.

She's four now and seems to be getting dafter by the day.

loz

• Half Acre
  • See my stuff on www.arthursplacecattery.co.uk
    • Arthur's Place Cattery
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2005, 13:57:26 »
I've got too many ;D ;D

Loz
Horses, ragdolls, bracco italiano, Polands,Silkies, and a garden - when do I have time to eat? - www.arthursplacecattery.co.uk

agapanthus

• Hectare
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2005, 14:38:20 »
Hi...I have:

Border Collie....Rem

6 cats..all rescue
                        Jessie
                        Freaky Pea
                        Diesel
                        Thomas
                        Nonny
                        Lettice....(rem is in love with Lettice, which
                        can be a problem in the autumn and spring..if you
                        know what I mean!!!!)
7 hens:             
                        Honeysuckle.....Columbian Buff Brahma
                        Blossom............Blue Partridge Brahma
                        Red.........."ginger" Orpington
                        Marigold.........Ditto
                        Polly Peep Peep.......White Welsumer????!!!!
                        Little Lily.............   Ditto
                         Flo Jo...Typical house hen...she loves to poo in shoes!!!!

Aussie Chick

• Half Acre
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2005, 15:04:15 »
I have three chickens....Ethel a Maran....Emily a Cross Cohin and Light Suxess and ....Lily a Blubelle.

I would love more animals, had loads growing up but I need a bigger back yard!

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2005, 17:11:17 »
Agapanthus I love the name Nonny for one of your cats!  I've got Blackadder in my head now. "Hey Nonny Nonny!"  What a brill name! 

I've got a hen called Blossom too. She's a Bovan Nera.

I've also got  Jessie,Jane,Lilly,Talluhlah and Betty.  Betty and Lilly are Bovan Neras,Jessie and Jane are Light Sussex and Talluhlah is looking like a White Star. She was supposed to be a Light Sussex. There White Stars at the place where Igot them from so I'm wondering if she is a hybrid.  She's the least docile and doesn't like to be fussed whereas the others will sit on your lap and be stroked.

agapanthus

• Hectare
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2005, 19:16:24 »
Thanks Heidi. None of my hens are as cuddly as Gertie ..
who unfortunately died earlier this year.  She loved nothing
than sitting on your lap and having her head stroked whereupon
she would fall asleep with her beak quivering like a good 'un!!
She would also climb onto the dog when he was laying down
and cuddle into his fur ;D What is a white star? I've not heard of them....
any pics to show?

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2005, 18:30:05 »
Here goes:

1 dog (commonly known by the Kennel Club as a mutt) called Alfie (after the poet not the eastenders character - you can tell I get asked that can't you)
3 cats - Nellie (black and white pensioner), Juno (mardilly middle aged spangle patterned tabby) and Danu (young and safe and well and very black save for 5 white hairs on her chest)
4 Hamsters (Rosie, Minime, Pancake, Rufus)
3 Guinea Pigs (Vanilla, Coco, Isis)
Numerous fleas (these don't have names)
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

terrace max

• Hectare
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2005, 19:59:04 »
1 dog. Lucy. Black lab/ collie cross. What a character... :)
I travelled to a mystical time zone
but I missed my bed
so I soon came home

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2005, 20:38:10 »
been away for a while

glad you all have told us your pets

my meg and cleo are competing in there first agility comps in a months time so bizy getting ready for that

waggi

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal