Author Topic: what have you got (pets)  (Read 16973 times)

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
Re: what have you got (pets)
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2005, 15:47:50 »
Wardy aren't spooks often headless?!

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2005, 17:04:37 »
Hee hee hee !  ;D

And that man would look like he was floating through the air...if it wasn't for the strange carriagelike object underneath him.

kentishchloe

• Half Acre
  • Happy Tummies:)
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2005, 16:18:18 »
Hi all - Delilah my thoughts are with you and poor Twinkle :(

Wardy - your dog sounds hilarious - not unlike my mum's old Jack Russel, she'd appear in bed with house guests all the time - lol

We are a small household, just the two cats: Fry who is the biggest black moggy anyone's ever seen (Beast of Ashford) and Jasmine who is a dinky fluffy little grey & white persian cross. She has recently taken to sleeping on top of a pile of (cloth) nappies in my toddler's room   ::)

Oh, and my hubbie of course - still working on house-training that one! When i have cause to tell one of them off I hardly ever get the name right first time ???
And there were gardens bright with sinuous rills,
Where blossomed many an incense-bearing tree;
'Kubla Khan' Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2005, 09:20:07 »
Twinkle Update - Further xrays showed small reduction in size of shadow on lung, therefore vet has assumed it is bruising due to trauma, however front leg has deteriorated and due to lack of circulation and after much soul searching and tears have decided to have leg amputated - the op is taking place today

We are all keeping our fingers crossed that she comes through the op OK but obviously due to her age there is some concern!!!!!
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

beejay

• Acre
  • SW London
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2005, 12:17:26 »
Oh dear, it's a bit traumatic reading through some of these posts as well as a bit of a giggle.

We have 2 cats, Scampi & Chips, common or garden rescue mogs. We also have 2 rats (daughters) Brie & Zooey. Having gone through various guinea pigs & hamsters I must say the rats are terrific pets ( if a bit pongy from time to time). A bit of personality.

kentishchloe

• Half Acre
  • Happy Tummies:)
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2005, 13:16:09 »
Delilah - thinking of you and poor Twinkle :'( :'(

Like Wardy says, moggies are tough, I'm sure she'll be fine in time - but of course it must be so upsetting for you, keep us posted.

Chloe
And there were gardens bright with sinuous rills,
Where blossomed many an incense-bearing tree;
'Kubla Khan' Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Delilah

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2005, 15:42:28 »
Thank you so much to all of you, considering I,m a newbie to this board you have all been very kind ( I have posted on other (not ot be mentioned) message boards in the past and have never been made to feel so welcome so quickly as I have on A4A - cheers!!!!!

Twinkle has had her op and is coming out of the anesthetic as I type - the vet seems quite optimistic now.

Wardy - we have no idea what happened to her, the vet just keeps referring to "trauma", there were no marks on her atall she just came into kitchen unable to walk!!!!!

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2005, 16:09:31 »
Aw Delilah I hope Twinks pulls through.

Come on Twinkle we're all rooting for you !

Here's Spook with some flowers for Twinkle. Get well soon Twinkle!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 02:41:31 by Heldi »

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2005, 16:22:40 »
Delilah, I have just read this thread and so sorry to hear about Twinkle, do hope all goes well.  Cats are amazing and recover very quickly.  It's us carers who do all the worrying!  Thinking of you both.

Juliet

• Half Acre
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2005, 21:22:22 »
Delilah - do hope Twinkle is OK - glad to hear the vet is sounding optimistic now.  One of my cousins had a three-legged cat - she seemed to manage to balance very well except for getting a bit confused when she tried to dig.

Used to have a cat when I was little, but can't have any pets now as I have too many allergies :(, so have to make do with an imaginary dodo (as in "Who knocked those papers off the table?" "It wasn't me:  it must have been the dodo" ::)).

We do have the odd wrong name with all the animals starting with a " B " we have Blase, Brandy, Badger & Binks so that can be confusing but other than that it is not too bad :D
We only have one child so that is OK as none of the animals start with an " A " lol ;D

Hmm, I'm an only child & after nearly 40 years my Dad still calls me by the wrong name half the time!

Delilah

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2005, 15:10:29 »
TWINKS IS COMING HOME TODAY :) :) :) :)

Wardy - No claw damage so she can,t have be knocked down, don,t suppose we will ever know what happened to her!

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2005, 15:45:23 »
Great news Delilah.

Just to let you know the bruses you mentioned could be a case of her being kicked hard by someone. It happened to one of our cats. It was exactly the same dammage. I hope she is ok.  :)

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2005, 16:56:40 »
Aaaw excellent news Delilah!   Give Twinkle a chin tickle from me!

Delilah

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2005, 08:53:24 »
We ve gained another cat - turned up tues night, no collar or name tag, my girls made posters which we ve put up in post office on lamp posts etc but no luck get finding her owner!!!

Twinkle is doing remarkably well with 3 legs, its very difficult keeping her inside while the other cats are free to come and go as they please.  I was stood at front door getting milk in when she flew out and up the street!!  What a shock the neighbours must have got, me in dressing gown, hair looking like a wild witch chasing a 3 legged cat hopping down the street !!!!!!!
 :o

Ah well only 3 more days til the stiches are removed then she can go back outside  :D

Juliet

• Half Acre
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2005, 17:24:26 »
Delilah - so glad to hear Twinkle is doing well - I can just imagine her getting out & hopping down the road when you're trying to keep her in - typical cat ::)!

Hope you manage to find your "extra" cat's owners - will you adopt him/her if you can't?

Delilah

• Hectare
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2005, 21:28:32 »
Juliet - the new arrival has settled in very nicely and we will be sorry to see him go if owners turn up, and of course we will keep him so long as he wants to stay if we don,t find his original owners.  We had a stray cat stay with us a couple of years ago but she disappeared again after a couple of months, I think some cats just like to wander!!!!!

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2005, 23:12:01 »
we have an array of tropical fishies, and 2 chinese hamsters!  ;D

BAGGY

• Hectare
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2005, 11:10:28 »
We have a Merlinpuss.  Rescued 4 yr old bristh blue shorthair.  Boy did his standards slip when he came to live with us.  I took him from a friend who had to get rid of him.  'He only eats Whiskas pouches', said she  ........ yeah right.  He was eating pepparami this morning and chips last night.  He is a grey Garfield.
Get with the beat Baggy

karrot

• Half Acre
  • It was a hard days digging!!
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2005, 23:55:40 »
this is my pride and joy Bella, shes a weimaraner (german hunting dog) i take her to the lotty with me, my plot is on a hill and she sits there like a queen on a throne looking over her land.

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2005, 10:38:27 »
Aw she's lovely Karrot!

Delilah  how's Twinkle?

Took Cassie down to the sea this morning. She's been scritching and a scratching so a dunk in the sea was called for. She loves it! She slipped off a rock in her excitement and sploshed into a deep bit. Gawd it must have been freezing,never seen her swim as fast.

Saw loads of seeweed washed up onto the beach...now I'm thinking seaweed mulch seaweed fertiliser etc.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal