Author Topic: Another 'happy' day  (Read 1345 times)

Palustris

• Hectare
Another 'happy' day
« on: November 03, 2003, 00:24:55 »
Despite the predictions the weather in this part of the world stayed reasonable for most of the day. So we spent the morning doing the next best thing to gardening, that is buying books about gardening. Trouble now is I have a lot of books and the ones I would like are either not available or very expensive. Still I got  some interesting ones. AND helped swell the coffers of the National Trust.
After lunch Lucie (middle daughter) completed a job I have wanted to do for 7 years.  Using half logs we have layed a path through the Damson wood at the bottom of the garden. The path is about 28metres long and a metre wide. It has taken a long time to clear out the undergrowth of brambles, nettles and ground elder.
Sometime in Summer I will put down a membrane and either gravel or bark it as a proper path. I cannot do it yet as the wood is stuffed full of Snowdrops (1000s of them). I could dig them up from in the path, but until they start growing I cannot see where the spaces are. What a lovely problem.
Then I can over plant with Trilliums and Arisaemas and Arums and Cyclamen hederifolium for Autumn. This is the final part of the garden (I think).
By the way we dug up about 50 kgs of broken glass, pottery, scrap metal, rusty barbed wire, plastic bags,bits of car and old batteries. No gardening without stout gloves for us.
A definite 'happy' day :) :) :) :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:11 by -1 »
Gardening is the great leveller.

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
Re: Another 'happy' day
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2003, 00:34:15 »
Good Oh Palustris.Keep up the good work.Sounds brilliant to me can we have a piccie please?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by 1077926400 »
Earth fills her lap with treasures of her own.

Beer_Belly

• Acre
  • English bloke in Holland
    • ToadRunners Blog
Re: Another 'happy' day
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2003, 11:20:33 »
You've got a wood ?! Nice one ! Post a picture please :-)
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by 1077926400 »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal