Author Topic: How did you spend your day?  (Read 1519 times)

Palustris

• Hectare
How did you spend your day?
« on: November 07, 2003, 21:22:48 »
Apart from  a little early fog the weather today has been bright, if not sunny. I spent the morning putting top soil on the section of our 'wood' (what else can I call it?) and raking it out. After lunch (homemade tomato soup with home made bread) I donned all the gear and spent a worrying 2 hours with the chain saw cutting up the damson tree which fell down 5 years ago. You would probably laugh at me, but I am very, very nervous of sharp things that rotate very quickly. After that I cleared another 6 sq. m. of  soil. Another load of bricks and duck stones and masses of ivy roots plus a 2 gallon bucket of snowdrop bulbs. I will have to replant them tomorrow. Believe it or not they are beginning to show through the soil already. By then it was dark so stopped for the day. Nice day though. Hope yours was as good.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by 1077926400 »
Gardening is the great leveller.

ina

• Hectare
    • My Homepage
Re: How did you spend your day?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2003, 00:05:27 »
My day was good but not as good as yours. All day at work and fighting a cold, thin wind going home on the bicycle but it was dry. It's FRIDAY!

The container with witlof roots is ready to go into the house pretty soon, just a few more days of cold temps outside and they can start growing in higher temps. I should have the first fresh witlof before x-mas. Goody, goody.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2003, 00:12:51 »
Pah!  hmmm, didn't get outside at all today - apart from ferrying the kids to and from school!  Oh well, here comes the weekend! Hoorah!   ;D

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2003, 01:47:03 »
Let me see, housework, went to the pub for lunch, met my 88 year old farmer friend who gave me 50 spring cabbages, some of his homemade raspberry liquere made from my raspberries, hic,  :o  then sharpened my what i call a scythe and he called something totally different! told me he used to scythe(proper grim reaper type, he showed me it!) 1 acre of wheat a day when he was 15! Can you imagine 15 year olds doing that now!! It would be like, hey man, you kiddin right? Can I like wear my CD walkman and my skater pants whilst talking on my mobile whilst I do it dude!! Oh and you want me to do what? Then had a fun evening listening to music with the kids, whilst supping on my last bottle of elderberry........promise I shall do some digging tomorrow!! Had a great day! DP
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal