Author Topic: Dobies  (Read 9789 times)

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
Re: Dobies
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2005, 14:44:53 »
That's our fault, I bet half the people who use this board ordered plugs from Dobies.

But they should know how many they've grown(?)

If it makes you feel better, Supersprout, mine will be eaten by the middle of next week and I'll be on a train to Downham Market :)
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

http://www.plotholes.blogspot.com

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2005, 16:19:51 »
 ;D ;D ;D
but it won't be you wot did the eating ... ;)

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2005, 16:37:42 »
Ta for that info SS.  I was beginning to wonder about no show veg  >:(  I was one of the first peeps on here to flipping order em and it looks like everyone else has got theirs first.  Not fair, stamping my feet now and going red in face.  Drat and double drat

I shall dash off a snotty letter forthwith  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2005, 17:46:59 »
you could probably claim extra damages for injury to your feelings wardy :-X ;D££££££ ;D

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2005, 17:58:07 »
Injured feelings - what about my imminent hungry gap  :'( :'(  I shall sue for that too  ;D

This really will put a crimp on my best laid Christmas dinner plans.  I was going to present my very own home grown sprarts at the table with a flourish, ta da!There they'd be glistening and shiny with butter  :'( :'( :'(

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2005, 18:15:50 »
I'm nearly in tears here meself :'(
The americans seem to find candied yams acceptable (ducks) ::)
If it's any comfort, I never grew sprarts before and was looking forward to it. Hows about a class action? ;D

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2005, 18:34:49 »
Christmas day arrives.  I floats in with a huge silver domed salver.  Ta da!  Candied yams  :'( :'( :'(  Yum  ;D

daveandtara

• Acre
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2005, 22:15:41 »
don't panic just yet wardy,
did you order the brassica set or did you order sprarts?
i got the brassica set, caulis, brocs and cabbages. definately no sprarts.
 (can't stand em meself, always cook a few, serve em up with chestnuts for the sake of traddition, but no-one eats them til they arrive as bubble & squeak on boxing day)
anyway, sprarts may not be sold out. in fact, you may have ordered them from someone else entirely!!!
and a snotty letter to dobies (i'd add a tearful e-mail as well) may get you a lovely voucher for next years seeds.
good luck, Tara xx

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2005, 22:56:53 »
Ey up D and T  :)   I ordered brassica collection which I might not now get  :'(  Love spraarts and bubble and squeak  :)  Have sent two snotty emails so might get something out of Dobies if not brassicas  ;D

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2005, 15:10:46 »
That's awful Wardy -  I still have a few cabbages without a home though a bit chewed (as are all the rest) which you're welcome to. 

moonbells

Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2005, 16:08:35 »
Ta Moonbells  :)  Not heard a peep from Dobies so maybe they are going to deliver.  If they weren't I thought I would have heard by now.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2005, 13:52:36 »
It's official!  They're not coming and I got my money back  >:(  Oh well I've looked through seed catalogue and there is a cabbage which can be sown through Sep to Octo (Advantage I think)  Also I have All Year Round cauli seed so I think I'll get some of those going. Not bothered about sprouts anyway

I faxed Dobies and told em I'm not very happy as I ordered mine loads before lots of other peeps who got theirs. I think it must be where you live which determines whether you get em

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2005, 13:58:19 »
You might have better luck with them than I've had with my plug plants. Slugged to death.

Bloody annoying though, I'm sure. I know I was quite late to order and only did so because I felt guilty about phoning up and demanding my seed potatoes. (Orderd through another supplier. Oops.) Is it area do you think? Or something as daft as where your name is in the alphabet?

Out of order, whatever it is. My sympathies.
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

http://www.plotholes.blogspot.com

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2005, 14:04:38 »
I ordered my garlic from them as well - wonder if I'll ever get that.  I shan't be bothering with them again  :(

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2005, 14:38:15 »
sorry to hear you are at the wrong end of Dobies' brassica postcode lottery wardy  >:( it's Downham Market at 7p/plant for me from now on ;D. I am awaiting onions from them in October and then will withdraw my custom, tadaa! They'll not mess with me again, hrrrumph 8) ???

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2005, 15:04:31 »
Hee hee  ;D  I looked on ebay for brassicas but they were really expensive - about 47p a plant!

I got a £5 voucher from Dobies today  ;D
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 11:32:19 by wardy »

hemajo

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2005, 12:55:53 »
Well, that is something, I suppose!
Helen

Carrie

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2005, 14:58:54 »
I ordered the brassica selection "Spring sprinters" from KG magazine and phoned them last week to find out when they were arriving - apparently they had a crop failure and have had to replant and so we cannot expect them now until the 3rd week in October  ::)

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2005, 17:18:36 »
It's dead annoying but still if you get them it's something.  I have had my brassica patch cleared for yonks and had to keep weeding it and now I'm not getting any at all .  Grrr.

I think I might just grow some from seed after all.  By ordering plants I was just saving time so I thought.  Huh!

Moan, moan, moan  ;D

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2005, 17:33:21 »
We just got  Dobies 2006 catalogue. Are you all saying that it is pointless ordering anything from them ?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal