Author Topic: Observation (just for info)  (Read 1675 times)

Anthony

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Observation (just for info)
« on: September 12, 2005, 13:15:25 »
I know it's been quiet in here of late so I thought I'd let you all know about something i have observed over the last month or so.

I have 2 ponds (a top and a bottom) the top being the feeder for the bottom.  I treat regularly with Clay which keeps the blanketweed very much in check in every area but the waterfall.  Every couple of weeks or so I scrape the blanket weed into a bucket and then disgard.

A few weeks ago I accidentally switched off the air pump which is in the top pond.  I didn't notice for several days but I did notice that where the blanketweed normally forms on the waterfall there was none.  I decided to leave the air pump off for a bit longer to see what would happen and low and behold the blanketweed is now almost gone:-)

I've now re-routed the air stones into the filters where I'm led to believe they will help with the filtration.

Has anyone else "stumbled accross" anything which they have found to be beneficial?

Tony

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
Re: Observation (just for info)
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 15:47:07 »
hi tony i dont have air pumps in my ponds but i do have a waterfull and find the same as you it gets covered in weed  , you could be on to something here i wonder how i can stop my waterfull getting full with weed  :)

undercarriage plan

Re: Observation (just for info)
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 17:44:49 »
Same here! Have to frequently pull the blanket weed from around the area where it's fed by the water fall....Mmmmm curiouser and curiouser...Lottie ???

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal