Author Topic: Message for Palustris  (Read 6421 times)

Yellow Petals

Re: Message for Palustris
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2005, 21:07:16 »
Thinking about it ::) If I wanted to leave a site I would just leave quietly, no announcements no fuss just leave I have done this so many times that I can't remember ::) but the irony of it is that I can go back to those sites as and when ever I please, if necessary I can go back under a different name so what's the big deal. ::)

Couldn't agree more  ;)

for a while I have felt that the 'tone' of the site has become a little unpleasant. I cannot explain it any better than that, I am sorry to say.

My mum (Rosebud) said exactly the same thing to me on the phone about an hour ago!

Anyway, glad to see you are staying Eric.  Now, about my multi-purchase of Clematis...... ;D

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2005, 21:24:00 »
Really glad you are staying Eric.  Look forward to seeing many more pics of your lovely garden.  All the best, busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Twospot Ladybird

• Acre
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2005, 22:53:49 »
Glad you're staying Eric  ;D

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2005, 23:14:05 »
 Yesssssssssss, open the bottle cheers Eric , glad you are staying. 8)

Lets all have a big group hug  :-* and put all this behind us now. ;D

So glad everything is sorted out and a nice neat ending, enjoy your weekend everyone .;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

daveandtara

• Acre
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2005, 00:03:09 »
good, that's wonderful news  ;D

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2005, 19:26:26 »
Eric - I've literally just finished posting to say how much I've appreciated Derek's contributions - and I scroll down to read your news  :(    I tend to be really thick skinned unless someone is hitting me repeatedly with something hard, so most things just go over my head!  It's a real shame if the mood hasn't been all it usually is here (or at least as long as I've been here), but you seem to me to be a key member here and it would have been awful if you'd felt it was better to leave.  I'm really glad that you've decided to stay - just felt that I should say that for the record!

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2005, 08:16:09 »
Eric I am delighted you are staying, the news has considerably brightened up my Monday morning!

I am so glad your kitten is back, I can sympathise with how you felt as we have two cats but one has been missing since June 17th so I know how you felt.  The vet says we mustn't give up hope yet but I think he would have been back by now.  I am hoping he has found someone who is feeding him chicken and salmon and decided it is better food there.  I can hope anyway, it's the best way to think of him!

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2005, 08:30:46 »
tulippa. Your vet is right... Don't give up. I know it was 20years ago but one of our cats went missing. I was down our farrowing shed watching a sow giving birth, I heard one of my children crying, looked up and Alyson walked in to the building with "missing" cat tucked up her jumper. He had been missing 10 months!!!!!!! Lorna.

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2005, 08:43:18 »
Wow, that is amazing.  Our vet had lots of stories of about six months so yours is much longer.  He also said more cats go off in the summer and come back when it gets cold.  We have phoned all our local vets, rescue centres etc even the council to see if he had been picked up from the roadside and checked all the roadsides and railway line ourselves, but no news.

Unfortunately we hadn't had him microchipped - we have had his brother chipped now!  His brother seems to be much noisier now and snuggles up much more I think he misses him.  We won't give up hope yet, and just hope he is keeping someone company who needs it.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2005, 08:51:22 »
Ours are micro-chipped but we've still had one disappear without trace almost two years ago.  I contacted every vet and shelter but, apparently, it's only the shelters that check forID.  If someone else adopts your cat and is responsible enough to take it for checks and jabs,  the vets don't check for chips.   Seems bizarre to me.

I hope yours is OK and returns one day.
Obxx - Vendée France

BAGGY

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2005, 10:49:19 »
My vet checks for chips as they also give a temperature read out instead of bunging a thermometer up their bum  :o  Clever stuff.
Get with the beat Baggy

Hex

• Half Acre
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2005, 20:33:59 »
Tulippa,

There is always hope - one of mine left home when I adopted a tom cat who had been shot with an air rifle by my neanderthal neighbours.  Poor Basil ran away soon after and I thought he was dead for a good year, that is until I walked home for once and discovered him living five streets away with a new family.  I checked with them and he had turned up 12 months before claiming to be stray.  They had no other cats and he seemed so much happier so I left him where he was.

Good excuse to get a new kitten while waiting for your cat to come back... ;D 

Alison

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2005, 14:31:32 »
I've just read the Shed for the first time in weeks thanks to work overload and didn't realise there'd been a kerfuffle with folk feeling so upset they want to leave... please don't!

Anyway, I want to mention a word of warning over microchipped cats... Madam is now on her second chip. The first one was hard to detect even minutes after being put in, and when I asked for them to check it still worked last winter, it was nowhere to be found. They said that they can work their way round under the skin - and could have been in the paws or tail even! But that's not where they look if the cat is found, so we got her done again - this time it was detected immediately.

So if you have a chipped cat, remember to ask the vets to check it's still readable when you take it for the annual shots!

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2005, 14:51:16 »
Moonbells. That is a bit worrying. I haven't got a cat (for fear of being shouted at I can't bare them rubbing round my legs!!!!)  mind you when Charlie was alive we always had cats and they were fed in the morning even before my cuppa so that they didn't rub round my legs. ;D ;D Anyhow my dog Elsa has been chipped, I am going to get the vet to check her next time. Regards Lorna.

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2005, 19:26:36 »
Eric ;)

Well done mate your know your amongst friends.....
the RIGHT DECISION for everyone I think

Well done 8)
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal