Author Topic: Why didn't you tell me!!  (Read 4329 times)

undercarriage plan

Why didn't you tell me!!
« on: August 30, 2005, 20:15:11 »
I've just been strimming the slope, and was mortified that I'd gone over a frog! It laid on the grass, on it's back, tongue hanging out...felt dreadful! Lifted it up and put in on the flower bed to deal with it later. Sat down for bit, and blow me, the darn thing hopped off!! Was playing dead! Clever little b****s! Lottie  ;D

BAGGY

• Hectare
Re: Why didn't you tell me!!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 20:20:12 »
I was caught out rescuing one from Merly-puss.  Thought it was dead so I threw it in the recycling bin !  S'pose he was off to pastures new.
Get with the beat Baggy

undercarriage plan

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 09:48:35 »
Haven't decided whether it's clever ploy or really stupid !! Mine got saved out of remorse/hating blood on grass :-\!!! Yours went to great pond in sky, so didn't pan out too well ::)!! Lottie ;D

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 13:49:49 »
I strimmed a frog once, it squealed and squealed, I still feel the guilt to this day :'(   (And also make noise before doing edges!!)
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Rosa_Mundi

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 14:38:40 »
I once thought that I'd caught one with some insecticide. To make sure it was OK, I rushed back with a jug of clean water and poured it over it. I don't think it was impressed!

undercarriage plan

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 15:16:40 »
LOL!! I'm sure it put up with impromptu shower with frog stoicism.....I'm sure they must get used to us "helpful" gardeners!! Can almost here the wildlife in my garden going " Oh B***r, she's back again  ::), HIDE!!!!" But makes me feel better to live under the illusion of being "helpful"  ;D  Lottie

dotCompost

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 16:24:59 »

undercarriage plan

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2005, 18:12:34 »
Awwwwww, happy days! Lottie ;D

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2005, 11:57:04 »
Rosa M   I would do that too  :) 
I came, I saw, I composted

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2005, 12:45:28 »
Whatever happened to your scythe Lottie? strimmer, indeed? ::)

Glad froggie was ok.

Mr Aqui once thought he'd fatally squashed a toad after "watering" the compost heap. (Maybe I should explain - he thought he'd squashed it with the compost bin lid!) It looked slightly flattened and was very still. So I shed a few tears and popped it in a plastic bag to go in the bin. Fortunately later I heard the bag rustling and then released a slightly bewildered toad into the undergrowth. (What? First I get squashed, then peed on, then shoved in this nasty plastic hole, then I'm allowed to go free?) I was happy, at least!
gone to pot :D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2005, 13:32:09 »
LOL!!! "Watered" it eh?? LOL! My slope is a 1:1 , Aqui! Dread cutting it with strimmer, have rolled down it numerous times. Think even I'm switched on enough think twice about a scythe on that one!!! Lottie  ;D

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2005, 13:35:39 »
1:1 - that's not a slope - that's a cliff edge.

Actually - hang on a minute - the thought of you and a scythe sends shivers down my spine!
gone to pot :D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2005, 14:17:38 »
When camera batteries recharged will post pic!!! I'm fine with scythe as long as I keep eyes shut, don't want to scare myself.... ;D Lottie

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2005, 14:26:44 »
thats a really good way to use scythe lottie with eyes shut  :o :o :obet  you learned that on a scythe course , what the point of being able to see what you are doing with a scythe more fun with your eyes shut  ;D ;D

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2005, 14:28:53 »
thinking about it lottie i bet you are into dangerous sports , like bungee jumping without the bungee , ::) ::) and hand gliding without the glider and so on  ;D ;D ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2005, 15:42:36 »
Have to confess...do like a spot of dinosaur tracking, now and then....Lottie  ;D

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2005, 17:45:00 »
me to i quite like playing hiding seek with the velociraptors but i can never seem to find them :D :D :D spelt that with out spell check have no ideal if it is right

Juliet

• Half Acre
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2005, 20:56:15 »
I rescued one (frog, not velociraptor) when R was mowing the lawn the other week - tried to persuade it to jump into a flower pot so I could move it out of harms way, but it obviously thought this was a trap ::) & made a daring escape bid down the side of the house, where it hid behind the tub of chicken pellets.  Poor thing was trembling with fright.  And now every time I water the garden it seems to be hiding in a different plant & I keep giving it a shower - don't think it likes me much :(.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2005, 21:16:10 »
10 out of 10 for effort Dibs! No idea if it's right!! Juliet, you  keep showering, the frog may not apprecaite it now, but when it gets older...... ;) Lottie  ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2005, 13:57:36 »
Closed eyes?? My middle daughter told me (frightened the life out of me) that when she was driving the car and had to go through  a narrow gap she just closed her eyes!!!!! Thank goodness her driving has improved. Lorna.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal