Author Topic: Disgusting Olympic Games  (Read 3574 times)

Nathan

• Quarter Acre
Disgusting Olympic Games
« on: August 27, 2005, 23:06:15 »
I was sad to see in todays Independent that an allotment site in East London is threatened by the Olympics.

Its a metaphor for everything that's wrong these days.  Something genuine, local, honest and healthy to be sacrificed for the glossy, dishonest, commercial, superficial.

I wonder if the people there are happy to lose an allotment site but gain a concrete walkway?
Nathan

amphibian

Re: Disgusting Olympic Games
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 01:12:22 »
I was sad to see in todays Independent that an allotment site in East London is threatened by the Olympics.

Its a metaphor for everything that's wrong these days.  Something genuine, local, honest and healthy to be sacrificed for the glossy, dishonest, commercial, superficial.

I wonder if the people there are happy to lose an allotment site but gain a concrete walkway?

Awful.

daveandtara

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 23:24:48 »
blimey wardy, where are you?
council houses are rarer than rocking horse pooh round  'ere i london  :o

TEL

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 17:34:06 »
I'm in the building trade but i cant believe how they keep cramming houses  in to the tinyest littel plots & get away with it.
There seems to be a free for all any house with a big garden put two more houses in it.
Money must talk >:(

Steve

• Not So New ...
  • I would rather have a glass of homebrew!
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 21:12:04 »
Ti's to late for my village the council has already sold off our allotments for housing my nearest ones are now 6 miles away in another town :'(
Steve
If ya can't eat it brew it

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal