Author Topic: Fit For the Parish Magazine?  (Read 1665 times)

Hugh_Jones

Fit For the Parish Magazine?
« on: November 30, 2003, 17:48:30 »
They had spent their entire lives as nomads in central asia, moving around the semi-desert with their flock of goats, until war had come. Then, their flock stolen and killed by by the pillaging armies of the warlords, their tents burnt, their few possessions looted, and penniless, they had managed to make their way to a civilised and peaceful country. Now father and son stood in the entrance hall of the Immigration Offices of their host country, waiting to make their application for asyluml. They looked in wonder at their surroundings - the intricately patterned tiling of the floor, the polished marble columns and the magnificently decorated walls, but especially they were entranced by the two shiny, silver doors that slid apart and then together again without the assistance of any human agency.

The boy asked, "Father, what are these doors that open and close by magic? Should we enter them, for I am fearful of them. What dangers lie beyond them?  What if they close when we are half way in, shall we not be crushed to death?" The father responded, "Son, I have never seen anything like this in my life before and, for the life of me, I really don't know how this could ever be."

While the boy and his father watched, a fat old woman in a wheel chair rolled up to the silver doors which opened before her and the chair and the woman rolled between them into a very small room. The doors closed behind her and the boy and his father watched in wonder as a light appeared above the doors, flickered, and moved up, flickered and moved up again, and again, and again, until it finally stopped. After a pause of some two or three minutes the light began to descent in stages, one at a time, until finally it reached the bottom again. The the doors opened again, and to their amazement out stepped gorgeous, voluptuous 24 year old blonde woman.

The father, not taking his eyes off the young woman, then said quietly to his son.....

"GO FETCH YOUR MOTHER".
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by 1077926400 »

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: Fit For the Parish Magazine?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2003, 17:56:23 »
hee hee hee.  Now where would I find me one of those lifts??!!

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2003, 18:37:06 »
Like it ;D

Very very many years ago I was doing some temping at a company which had their offices on about the 9th floor of a building - the lift was very slow. I was late, as usual, and rushed to get into an already crowded lift just as the doors were closing...so there we were...all these buttoned-up Brits looking out and me squashed in, looking in....the lift started it's slow ascent..and I cleared my throat and announced...

"Now, I expect you wonder why I called this Meeting?"

And no-one laughed...and the lift continued its slow ascent... :-[ :-[ :-[ - Lish

Palefire

• Half Acre
  • "Are we green?"    5th Element
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2003, 18:18:42 »
That's our Lish......! ;) ;D ::)
"You are going down a path that I cannot follow"

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2003, 18:35:29 »
Lish, some people just do not have a sense of humour,sad to say! I would have laughed meself silly!!
Hugh, another good one, if only there were such devices, I would be right behind EJ!
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal