Author Topic: Extract from the Jacques Chirac Lectures  (Read 1704 times)

Hugh_Jones

Extract from the Jacques Chirac Lectures
« on: December 02, 2003, 03:10:42 »
Extract from the Jacques Chirac Historical Lectures:

Have you ever really thought what it was like in old Noah's Ark. It must have been a pretty big boat to hold two of every kind of creature under the sun. And there they all were, cooped up in their respective stalls or cages day in day out, week in week out, and all eating their heads off, while the Ark floated about looking for a bit of dry land.

Well, I can tell you that after a month or so  Mrs. Noah's had enough. “This place stinks. There's animal crap all over the place and you lot are forever traipsing it into our living quarters. However am I supposed to keep the place decent? I've had enough, you've got to get rid of it."
Now as you can imagine, with two of every creation, that's a hell of a lot of crap, and anyway old Noah had already noticed that the Ark seemed to be getting a bit low in the water with all that extra load on board, so he dropped anchor, and handed out the brushes and the shovels and he and his lads set to work.  Well, they shovelled and shovelled and shovelled, then they brushed and brushed and brushed, then they shovelled and shovelled and shovelled again. Three weeks it took them, to clear all that crap over the side before they could up anchor and sail away.

And do you know what happened to all the crap?  Well, I`ll tell you…..

Columbus discovered it in 1492
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:12 by -1 »

Ragged Robin

• Acre
  • Slugs and snails .....be afraid.... be very afraid
Re: Extract from the Jacques Chirac Lectures
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2003, 13:38:07 »
Wonderful ............ not very politically correct ......... but so true.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by 1077926400 »
Happy gardening, Robin x

ina

• Hectare
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2003, 18:54:03 »
Hi Hugh,
Are you sure they didn't dump it closer to the coast of what is today known as Europe creating the North Sea in the process?
Good story Hugh (but I'm ducking).

Hugh_Jones

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2003, 19:25:32 »
Yes, they did actually, then somebody drained it and built sea walls around it, and planted tulips all over it, and first it was attached to  some of Belgium, then the Spanish had it for a bit, then Napoleon trampled around on it for a few years, then Kaiser Bill leaned on it, and finally old Adolf came and lorded over it for a time, and now it`s a semi-bankrupt province of the Franco-German would-be super state.

(Well, if you will stick your neck out!)

ina

• Hectare
    • My Homepage
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2003, 20:09:28 »
Ouch but predictable.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by 1077926400 »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal