Author Topic: For a Wet Wednesday  (Read 1728 times)

Hugh_Jones

For a Wet Wednesday
« on: December 03, 2003, 20:07:23 »
Jack and Jill had been happily married for several years, but like so many couples after several years of married life, they had recently been having a few ups and downs.  Jack was having to work long hours after his promotion, and Jill was beginning to feel neglected and to think she was being regarded as little more than a skivvy.  The result was that when Jack was at home Jill spent most of the time nagging him, and Jack, feeling a bit fed up, would sit reading his newspaper, or watching the TV with the volume turned up doing his best to ignore her.  Finally Jack decided that if he wished to save his marriage they ought to have some counselling, and he made an appointment for them both with the Marriage Guidance Council.

On the appointed day and time they were shown into the Counsellors office, and the Counsellor said “Well, the first thing I need to do is to try and establish what each of you thinks is going wrong in your marriage.  So who`s going to start.  Jill immediately launched into a tirade about all Jack`s faults, real and imagined.  She talked about his late hours at work, the way he neglected her, how she felt about it, how he never listened to her complaints, etc. etc; on and on it went, while Jack sat silent in his chair.  After listening for half an hour or more to this, with ever increasing exasperation, the Counsellor got up from his chair, walked round the desk until he was in front of Jill, grasped her arms, lifted her out of her chair, then planted a firm kiss on her lips lasting for several minutes.  When Jill finally struggled for breath he released her for a few moments and then did it again.  When he finally released her Jill stood there absolutely speechless.  The Counsellor turned to Jack and said “Now that`s what`s needed – at least twice each week”.

Jack thought for a moment, scratched his chin, and then said      “Well,………

I suppose I could manage to bring her in on Tuesdays and Thursdays”
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by 1077926400 »

MagpieDi

• Hectare
  • Oh to be as wise..... !!!
Re: For a Wet Wednesday
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2003, 22:22:53 »
I know quite a few couples who could 'Relate'  to that story ....Hugh!  ::)   ;)   ;D
Gardening on a wing and a prayer!!

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
Re: For a Wet Wednesday
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2003, 00:04:21 »
Lovely Hugh,
Magpie my oldest son comes to mind,you just dont know what to say in their company when she goes off into one. To top it their comming for Xmas.
Oh well thats life

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal