Author Topic: Which did you vote for?  (Read 3630 times)

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
Which did you vote for?
« on: August 21, 2005, 14:26:54 »
Following on from my 'choosing a photo to vote for' thread, I was wondering if you'd mind telling us who you voted for and why.

I am interested to hear what people though of some of the photos in the competition.

Dont feel compelled to reply, it isnt compulsory!

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: Which did you vote for?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 20:25:30 »
I don't mind telling.

I voted for FloBens carrot.  It made me and the kids smile, I love the fact that it is unwashed, straight from the ground, and if you look, it is perfectly in focas, smack bang in the middle of the pic, then slightly softer around the edges.  It is warm, the colour is rich, and it is simple.  Love it!  For me it could be on the cover of Garden Vogue!

That said, I did stuggle, so many excellent pics!  I love Heldis froggie, and am going to save that one to print out, and ina's sunflowers are devine, Rosebuds garden is breathtaking, and Dans holiday snap isn't bad either!

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 20:40:09 »
i must say this time round, the non-allotment/gardening piccies did it for me. the two pictures shot through the arches, as well as the one of the water/river. but i wont say wh i voted for ;)
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
  • Doh..I got a slug farm,a flea beetle heaven..doh!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 21:00:29 »
I voted for Heldi because the image was crystal clear and the main focus was well positioned with the leaf edge giving a line for the eye to follow rather than just placing the frog centrally.

I liked the archway photo's and the river but in some no real point of focus to take me into the picture or not sharp enough to catch the eye.

My preference is either pin sharp focus and good placement for an object or a picture I feel I can walk into or that leads me somewhere.

Iain
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 22:58:16 »
I voted for Jill. Churchyards are a fascination to me.  I liked looking over the top of the gates to a peaceful, rural, old scene.  I could almost be there looking through that archway, being invited to walk up that path.

It also reminded me of where the witch always was in Lizzy Dripping :) (If anyone remembers that programme?!).

Time before, I voted for Dirkdiggers shark. Because I love sharks. I found his pic exciting. I know if I'd happened upon that scene I'd have been so pleased and probably awestruck at seeing such a creature. That is how the photo made me feel.

Another time I voted for Speedymango's allotment pic. The one with the darkened sky just before a storm. Those type of skies are always hard to capture, for me anyway. Speedy's photo evoked that feeling of what it is like before a storm arrives with the luminous sky and that strange quietened atmosphere that always happens.

I suppose I vote for pictures that give me a strong feeling of something. Therefore they don't have to be the most photographically correct.

Thanks for mentioning  my photo. I'm chuffed to bits.  That froglet was the size of my thumbnail!

Yellow Petals

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2005, 23:33:54 »
I voted for Rosebud because that is one supa-dupa garden with supa-dupa blooms which is what I'm looking for at this time of the year.  Perfick.  I also like the way I keep spotting different little things in it each time I look!  :D
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 23:35:53 by Yellow Petals »

ava_banana

• Acre
  • EmmaJane's handyman
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2005, 23:35:48 »
I voted for the froggy......

.....It had everything that I wanted in a photograph....

Interesting and unusual topic

Incredible focus and detail

and it was a well balanced and framed photograph.

All-in-all, it was aesthetically pleasing to my eye. ;D
....we are all visitors to this earth........enjoy your stay.....:)

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 19:32:55 »
I dont mind saying I voted for Rosebud too.  The array of colours is breathtaking - Well done Rosebud !
 ;D ;D ;D
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2005, 18:55:49 »
I had it narrowed down to 2, Jill and Heldi.  I loved the little frog.  It was a lovely photo, baby froggy was so clear and crisp and I know how difficult it can be to get a decent photo of them but I equally liked Jill's picture.  It seemed to invite you to walk through the gate, the composition was lovely, so when I finally voted, I voted for Jill. :)
I should add that I have to like it too  :)

MM
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 18:59:31 by Merlins Mum »

Juliet

• Half Acre
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2005, 19:10:17 »
I voted for Heldi's frog as well, for much the same reasons other people have given - it was such a sharp, well-taken photo.  I tend to pick the photos I think are the best technically (ex-camera-club geek) - last time I went for Emma Jane's cherry brandy.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal