Author Topic: Water butt water feature  (Read 1995 times)

wardy

• Hectare
Water butt water feature
« on: August 14, 2005, 12:14:00 »
I am now the proud owner of my very own lotty water butt (without the cistern though)  I thought one would make a very good water feature at home with a water spout pouring out water in the butt.  The galvanised finish looks new but will mellow with age (hopefully) The ones on the lotty are quite green so I'm going to give mine a going over with yogurt or manure water to start off the process of getting some algae on it.  My OH has seen a lovely frog water spout made of stone and slate.  Quite expensive but very beautiful.  This is a present to ourselves for our 25th wedding anniversary.  Some of the bought water feature are dead naff so we're hoping ours will look beautiful but will not have cost very much.  I got the galvo tank half price  ;D  It's 6 foot long and 2'6" high and wide.  OH is wiring it up now as we've already dug the trench for the cable.
I came, I saw, I composted

Margaret

• Hectare
  • My precious granddaughter Lauren
Re: Water butt water feature
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 20:08:18 »
Looks very smart Wardy.I am afraid i would be wanting to visit the little girls room all the time if i had a spout like that............. ;D
Margaret

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 20:19:15 »
Sounds great Wardy and I really like that frog fountain thingymebob! Tasteful.

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 21:09:24 »
Ooooo Wardy what a lovely butt you have!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal