Author Topic: Spotty and Greeny...?  (Read 8440 times)

undercarriage plan

Spotty and Greeny...?
« on: August 11, 2005, 17:30:24 »
My darling daughter has just left to spend a week with her Dad, leaving me in charge of Spotty and Greeny.....her pet catipillars.....AHHHHHHHHHHH!! Huge, long care sheet, They're on the desk glaring at me, one's stuck to the side and will not budge (she says it's moulting?), the other is....I don't know!!!! What am I doing? Why did I agree to this? Wish me luck!! :-\ Lottie  ;D

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
Re: Spotty and Greeny...?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 17:35:34 »
What kind of caterpillar are they Lottie? We had some butterfly caterpillars a little while ago, it was fun watching them transform, don't know who had more fun, me or the kids ;D
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

undercarriage plan

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 17:40:22 »
Well, one's green  ::) and the other is stripey (Spotty ???), who I think is a cabbage white, I must be mad!! Lottie  ;D

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 19:49:46 »
I'm lucky, my 2 year old daughter only has a beanbag caterpiller.  She calls him "Snail" .

My son, on the other hand, has an ant farm!

undercarriage plan

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2005, 16:52:25 »
OK Heidi!! Think I got off lighlty.....At least if they escape I only have 2, slowish caterpillars to retrieve....Whereas could take you a wee while longer :-\!! Greeny has attached himself to the side, and I can't persuade him to come down, is this normal behaviour for a caterpillar? ??? Lottie  ;D

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2005, 20:45:18 »
I don't know what is normal for a caterpillar, "Snail" gets wrapped in a blanket and truddled around in a trolley! Maybe Greeny wants some of that! You could make a trolley out of a matchbox,some matchsticks , some buttons for wheels and a nice snuggley lettuce leaf blankie.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 17:38:05 »
So not going to suggest that.....!!!! Can see me ening up making several hundred prams for poor orphan caterpillars.....  :-\How do you persuade snail to stay in pram? Staples??? Lovely idea though!! Greeny has now turned hard and crusty  :o  presume he is either shedding skin or turning into butterfly? Or he's really jarred off!!! Lottie ;D

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 20:11:49 »
Two cabbage white butterflies left in your care?  Couldn't they just sort of die of an unknown cause?
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

undercarriage plan

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 18:10:31 »
LOL, Redclanger!! Am tempted but I have to admit to being quite curious at to what they're up to!!! Both now attached to side of tank, both going crusty.  :o Hope they're not dead and just drying out...Gulp :-\ Lottie

undercarriage plan

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2005, 08:18:20 »
OK, daughter returned, wants me to add - "Wow, they'e still alive!"  :o, apparently having googled catipillars they're forming chrysallises (No spell check used, be gentle!!)..... ;D Lottie and Megg  ;D

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2005, 12:40:18 »
Our two have a jam jar with cabbage eating catterpillars from the plot.  Pooee do they stink now!  A combination of catterpillar poo and sweaty cabbage leaves!  Glad to see that are climbing into their cocoons so will clean them out once they are all tucked up safely.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2005, 14:11:29 »
Megg's were a bit on the ripe side......but cleaned it up a bit, and not quite so potent......!!! Actually, quite exciting isn't it!!
Lottie  ;D

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2005, 17:56:53 »
lottie i bet you pull your chair up to there tank with a cup of tea and watch them instead of the TV , :D :Di hope you have not forgot about the boiler man  ::) ::) ::)with the excitement of the spotty and greeny

undercarriage plan

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2005, 18:03:21 »
Oh Lawd...!!!! Back in a mo...... :o :o :o Lottie  ;D

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2005, 18:29:49 »
are the they still breathing hope they don't look like greeny ::) ::) ::)

undercarriage plan

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2005, 19:58:16 »
Are you refering to boiler man and electricain or caterpillars?? Caterpillars still brown and crusty, not very entertaining really Dibs, but have glass of wine, feet up and waiting for caterpillar show..... ??? ??? ??? Not that good so far... ;D ;D ;D Lottie

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2005, 20:04:38 »
they not like circus caterpillars then they don't walk the tight rope and balance balls on there nose , and ride little bikes,  ::) ::) ::)
you will have to start training them

undercarriage plan

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2005, 20:06:03 »
Don't think they're paying attention to me Dibs  ??? ??? ???. Got my pointer, and flip chart......they're really not trying...Lottie  ;D

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2005, 16:49:11 »
have to make a wip for them lottie  ;D ;D and get them training or they will never make you any momey

undercarriage plan

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2005, 18:17:55 »
Blow the caterpillars!! This is fun!! LottieĀ  ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal