Author Topic: bit quiet...  (Read 8790 times)

daveandtara

• Acre
bit quiet...
« on: August 11, 2005, 00:58:50 »
is it my imagination or are things really quiet on here?
where's emma jane? this place needs livening up,
quick lottie, say something funny  ;D

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
Re: bit quiet...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 06:38:14 »
Think that it is a combination of the nice weather and the school hols Tara.  Everyone is sooooooooooo busy.  'Cept  us oldies with no kids at home.  ;)
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 07:59:59 »
hOLIDAY SEASON AND SCHOOL HOLIDAYS ARE PROBABLY WHY.

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 08:40:00 »
Yes, I am disappearing for two weeks come the weekend as well . . .  :D

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 13:17:51 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well I have noticed Emma J  has disappeared, without a word as well. :( :( :(

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 14:12:44 »
Tara I thought it  seemed a bit quiet. Couldn't sleep last night and came on here at 4am nobody was about LOL.(Dog was snoring her head off)..Probably as others have said... school holidays etc.
MIMI If you are classing yourself as "an oldie" what terminology will describe me :'( Happy gardening to all. Lorna.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 14:26:44 »
A bit quiet  :)  I was in bed before 9.00 pm.  Went to make the bed - our Russ was already up there fast asleep in his basket.  When bed made thought I'd rest my eyes.  My old man woke me up about 9.15 pmphoning me from the footy match asking if I wantedpicking up to go to the pub.  Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  "No!zzzzzzzzzz
 :)
Had to be up with the larks again worse luck  :(
I came, I saw, I composted

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
  • Doh..I got a slug farm,a flea beetle heaven..doh!
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 15:04:49 »
I'm off on holiday as well next week so have been catching up with everything else.    Havenlt even thought about packing anything yet cos their has been more important things to do like arranging willing harvesters!  The thought of coming back to about 20 marrows and 6 foot long stringy beans.....ooh eck.   

Iain
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2005, 15:34:10 »
I wouldn't bother packing.  All you need is a corkscrew with a bottle opener on the other end  ;D 

undercarriage plan

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2005, 16:19:54 »
Sorry!! Yes it has been quiet!! I have 4 cherubs at home at min, plus loads of work on, which is nice but knackering!! In process of clearing area for polytunnel ( Dad won't lend me his scythe ??? ??? ???), the start of my multi-million pound business empire, Dibber gone  :'(, Derek going  :'(, Icy off  :'(, too depressed to be funny, and I think Georgie has lost my care sheet.......... ;D, paper bag got hole in it........Bob gone again.........found spot of rust on JCB.....sigh  Lottie  ;D ;D ;D

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2005, 17:00:02 »
If dad won't lend you his scythe you'll not have to let him have any of your shares when they're floated on the stock exchange  ;D

If you buy a scythe it'll be deductable from your tax as a business expense.  Go on, get one  ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2005, 17:27:13 »
Oooo Wardy!! Do you think I should? I do get a buzz when buying a new tool, sad eh? Can just see me in overalls wielding a scythe!!!! Helmet probably wise.....and armour I think.. :-\ Mmm may need to dash to Tool shop!! Bye!!!!!!! Lottie  ;D

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2005, 17:59:30 »
Sounds good to me Lottie, just warn me beforehand so I can stand well back . . .  :D

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2005, 20:40:04 »
 U P,   It dosen`t say much for us if you are depressed because some peeps have gone away, you can always post a message and some of us will answer. ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2005, 20:46:05 »
Aww Rosebud!! Only joking!! Would love to have chat/post/glass of wine with you. Wonderful thing about A4A, nice big family, Can't wait for Christmas..... :o :o :o Lottie ;D

daveandtara

• Acre
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2005, 21:41:20 »
definately tax deductible lottie and what's more, FUN  ;D
might even run you up a black cape to terrify late paying customers with!
have you ever read terry Pratchet?
in one of his books 'Death' (in black cape and with scythe) got hold of some large farming equipment.
quite sure that lottie + cape and scythe on a JCB will be just as effective  :-\

undercarriage plan

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2005, 21:44:33 »
Not sure whether to be pleased or insulted!!!!  ;) Will go for pleased, been known as evil too, so what's a resemblance to death amongst friends!! And, strange you should mention it, my 10 yr old has an old batman cape........ :o :o :o Lottie ;D

daveandtara

• Acre
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2005, 23:01:34 »
in terry pratchet's discworld series, Death is a fantastic character, always gatecrashing fancy dress parties and he rides a harley (which really upsets his horse ) and loves pickled onions on cocktail sticks.
you'd love him  ;D

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2005, 23:20:37 »
;D ;D ;D ;D
Well I have noticed Emma J  has disappeared, without a word as well. :( :( :(

;) Wise Emma :) Much better to slip away unnoticed, especially if you tend to pass your addy's around :D Get my drift ???

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2005, 23:53:46 »
 ;D ;D

So true Roy, lot of queer folk out there.  Now when are you going on holiday?   

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal