Author Topic: personification of an allotment!  (Read 1927 times)

adam04

• Hectare
  • Who are you?
    • FedEx VG
personification of an allotment!
« on: August 04, 2005, 00:30:26 »
well i know some of you wont post on here beacause i may have asked the same question on their two, but i havnt so suit yourself.

anyway, what person or object do you think personifysyour plotor allotments in general??

personnally i dont have a clue, will have a think, just wondered what everyone else thinks.

wardy

• Hectare
Re: personification of an allotment!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 11:42:42 »
Hi Adam

When I first got my plot I noticed that the whole site was populated with men over 60.  I think this is what many plots are like.  you have this idea that they are unfriendly and don't want newcomers invading their space with their new ideas, and women God forbid  ;D

I came, I saw, I composted

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
Re: personification of an allotment!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 12:16:23 »
This seemed to be the case for our Site.  Still the little old man on his bike scenario, but then I had a stint last year as deputy secretary and I found that the situation is changing rapidly.  Many more young families are coming on the Site and most of the people on the waiting list were actually woman.  So times are changing. 

I think the only way allotments will survive is if they intergrate more with the community, especially catering for schools and children but we still have some men on our Site who think of the allotment as their own private club and don't want to see any changes.  busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal