Author Topic: ? Annoyance?  (Read 10456 times)

adam04

• Hectare
  • Who are you?
    • FedEx VG
Re: ? Annoyance?
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2005, 00:35:26 »
well ok too many boards!

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2005, 00:39:36 »
You think?  And people are always asking for more!

It seems to be perfectly balanced to me, catering for veggie growers and flower growers, people who like to cook, and people who like to brew....etc...

Anyway, I appologise if you feel I was having a 'pop' at you, it really wasn't meant to be personal, I was just unaware that so many members from this site also post 'similar' threads over on the beeb site.  As I said, tis a big free wide world where we can all come and go as we please.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2005, 00:39:48 »
 ;D

adam04

• Hectare
  • Who are you?
    • FedEx VG
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2005, 00:44:52 »
okly dokly emma, i just think most from the board do get into this board too, surlly there knowledge is worth having on both sites?? i can think of a good handful who have a good number of postngs over here!

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2005, 10:21:23 »
Adam get off the fence, make your mind up boy, i joined here a long time ago and wouldent bother with the BBC boards now, compared to this site they are a waste of time and such miseries to go with it , when lots of us were over there it was fun.

And there is not to many child boards here at all it is only the child that sees them that way.  This is a sight like no other so don`t knock it, vote with your keyboard if you do not feel happy here and stay where you are.
 :) ;) :D ;D ::) :P ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :) :) ;) :D ;D 8) ::) :P

jaggythistle

• Acre
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2005, 10:44:21 »

Well said rosebud I wholeheartedly agree ....... Dan if you change your donation
   and make it set in stone that it is gonna cost ya £ 10 to post ya pics...............
   problem solved and as for smilies Adam ya gotta love em................................
   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2005, 13:01:42 »
well very sorry redclanger that you have found my recent post to be annoying , but i thought the shed was for general chit chat and there was no limit on how often you could post , Derek lottie and myself were just having a bit of fun anyone could have join in and replied sorry you find us so annoying , as for the BBC i have no ideal what peeps are on about so will not comment

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2005, 14:09:09 »
Frankly I can't see what all the fuss is about, there seem to be some very heated views going on when there are surely more important things in life to concern ourselves with. As for the criticisms against lottie, dibber, myself and perhaps others, these topics/posts do not have to be read ! They are located correctly in the shed, and serve an acceptable purpose of light hearted banter. Like many others, I enter the forum and scan to pick the posts I want. These posts referred to by myself are all compact so do not present download problems. If people have a problem with these, then I would venture to suggest they either get a life, or seek counselling.

Our Administrator Dan is doing a phenomenally good job, and it must grieve him to see such petty bickering.

Rant over, thank you  :)

Derekthefedupfox
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 14:11:01 by Derekthefox »

jaggythistle

• Acre
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2005, 14:25:19 »

1 Last thing adam you said about too many child boards at 15 you should be
  on them !!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2005, 15:27:50 »
Derek Dibber Lottie   Your banter is very friendly and funny, and it's always heartwarming as you are so clearly having fun and not hurting anyone.  You are very cheery and you don't have to apologise for that surely  :)  This is about allotments - not life and death  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2005, 15:33:29 »
well very sorry redclanger that you have found my recent post to be annoying , but i thought the shed was for general chit chat and there was no limit on how often you could post , Derek lottie and myself were just having a bit of fun anyone could have join in and replied sorry you find us so annoying , as for the BBC i have no ideal what peeps are on about so will not comment
I think you will find I said 'at worst a minor annoyance'.  Please don't take offence, the rest of the post was trying to see things from a newbies point of view not knowing precisely what Eric was on about.  It is not my intention to make any enemies on here.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 15:36:35 by redclanger »
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2005, 16:17:35 »
well i am glad we have that sorted , no offence taken as i can see now it was not said in mallice, and you are very weldone to join our banter at any time .

Wardy thanks for the kinds words  :) :) :)

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2005, 16:23:19 »
I am sorry if this has degenerated into a sniping type thread, it was not intended to be that. All I originally wanted to say was that I find it annoying that some people who use other boards as their main forum, treat this fantastic site with its free and open and wonderful clientele, as somewhere to post things which their main site will not allow them to. They are very welcome here, as is anyone, but I really would prefer it if they complained about this site here and NOT on another site, especially when they do not make much contribution to this site in terms of asking or answering questions.
You will all notice that apart from giving Adam a reason why large pictures are a problem, I have not mentioned any names, nor will I. If the cap fits wear it, if not then my remarks were not directed at you!.
 Oh and no smilies used either!
Gardening is the great leveller.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2005, 16:26:55 »
what Eric was on about. 

AHHH, there's the nub of it...you do, or you don't..

If you DO, then you too will feel that a border has been crossed and it's a mite distasteful..

If you DON'T, then Eric's post and support of it, will just pass you by.  

As an addendum: a time ago, before Lotties4, many of us posted on the Beeb site (chatted too, a bit,  if I recall, while always coming back to the topic in hand)....it was Stephan who found a way of us x-changing email addys....surely not beyond the combined wit of the current Beeb/Lotties lot to open up a freebie website where they could post pix, etc.?

undercarriage plan

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2005, 16:48:45 »
Can I come out now.....??? ;) Lottie ;D

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2005, 16:50:54 »
lottie you chicken you have been hiding all day

MagpieDi

• Hectare
  • Oh to be as wise..... !!!
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2005, 16:52:27 »
Just to clarify, if I may, I think Eric's original post was an objection to the blatant abuse of  'our' Gallery.  It would appear that several people from the BBC site have joined our forum for the sole purpose of 'enhancing' their BBC messages. To my mind, that is shamefully taking advantage of Admin Dan's admirable good nature and sense of tolerance.
At the very least, I think these people should offer a subscription for the privilege of using A4All as their photo 'annexe' !!  Then hopefully we can all live in harmony on both forums once more!  ;D

For those still in the dark......http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/h2/h2.cgi?thread=%3C1123009971-14162.25%40forum2.mh.bbc.co.uk%3E&find=%3C1123009971-14162.25%40forum2.mh.bbc.co.uk%3E&board=gardening.design&sort=Te
Gardening on a wing and a prayer!!

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2005, 16:55:31 »
Eric i did not even no there was another allotment website, this is the only one i use as it so friendly and helpful , i don't think you caused bad banter you were just voicing your opinion

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2005, 18:09:32 »
I know you didn't intend for this to happen Eric, but as you can see, there are some members of this site who love it and feel passionately about it, Dan, and the way it is used.   The site is free, donations are purely left to the users, so I would be interested to know if posters on the beeb who point people over here to look at their photographs -  http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/h2/h2.cgi?thread=%3C1122664644-900.11%40forum0.thdo.bbc.co.uk%3E&find=%3C1122664644-900.11%40forum0.thdo.bbc.co.uk%3E&board=gardening.design&sort=Te - actually make a donation to Dan?

Also, have you followed the swap board of late?  Seems we are providing a free seed service to the beeb.http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/h2/h2.cgi?thread=%3C1123150065-5200.1%40forum2.mh.bbc.co.uk%3E&find=%3C1123150065-5200.1%40forum2.mh.bbc.co.uk%3E&board=gardening.plantcare&sort=Te

Beejay, I'm not in the least bit tetchy, I just don't like having the p*ss taken out of me, and you know, that is exactly what I feel like a lot of you are doing. 

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2005, 19:11:17 »
hold your horses - i thought only those who have given money to dan can actually upload pictures here??!!
as to seed swap thing - again, noone is pushing anyone to give away seeds for free. and as the name 'swap' suggests, there is usually something given in return.

i have no intention to become involved in whatever disagreement there seems to be here - though i must say i dont quite follow people's arguments regarding the 'probelm'

svea - a4a lover
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal