Author Topic: personal profiles  (Read 58889 times)

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
Re: personal profiles
« Reply #300 on: July 25, 2005, 13:29:24 »
Hi everyone, I am still finding my way round this site - there is so much on here is a bit overwhelming.

I am 29, live with my boyfriend in Bedford. We have an 80ft garden which was a wreck when we moved in last october and as of last week a 70ft allotment, also in Bedford at the end of our road. No kids, only tropical fish!
OH is a glory gardener - got interested in the garden in June when it came to planting beetroot and radishes, but was not so keen when I was ripping up bushes and hacking stuff down on cold January mornings! So is just me and my  i-pod half the time, which suits us fine actually  :)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #301 on: August 26, 2005, 15:44:43 »
Update for the curious.

No comment.  Except to say out of wellies for a change!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v164/photo04/adrink.jpg

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #302 on: August 26, 2005, 18:04:27 »
 :) And very smart too! 8)

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #303 on: August 27, 2005, 17:52:08 »
I'll second that, Roy!  They say every picture tells a story, Tim, but your piccie doesn't tell enough - were you singing, giving a "talk", or telling funny stories (that glass in your hand  :o).  #Anyway you look in fine form and long may you flourish.

Used to love seeing all the pics in personal profiles ..............
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #304 on: August 27, 2005, 19:53:37 »
Nothing so glamorous - just asked No.1 daughter to do a pic as she saw me, in case I should need it.

Dressed up? VERY unusual - this was for the filming of a documentary. Without the drink!!

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #305 on: August 28, 2005, 20:47:39 »
When are we going to see you on the tele then Tim ;D :)
Happy gardening all...........Pat

reedos

• Half Acre
« Reply #306 on: September 20, 2005, 21:06:07 »
Having read about half the pages on this subject (I'll do the next half tomorrow) in the spirit of openness I'd tell you a little bit about me.
I'm a 37 year old Geordie living in Gateshead with 2 boys of 6 and 7, a wife who won't let me have chickens (none of whom have any interest in growing stuff) 2 cats and soon a cocker spaniel puppy. I'm a civil servant, but would really rather be a professional allotmenteer, but unless the numbers come up no chance of that. In my spare time apart from the allotment I've just taken up golf, having just retired from playing football, coach an under 7's football team and am sort of doing a correspondence course in garden design incorporating the RHS general exam as well as acting as an unpaid chauffeur to the above mentioned 2 boys.

reedos

• Half Acre
« Reply #307 on: September 20, 2005, 21:20:20 »
My proper name's Andy by the way ;D

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #308 on: September 20, 2005, 22:02:06 »
Nice to her about you reedos (Andy).  Good to have another Geordie on the Board.  :) busy_lizzie (Whitley Bayer)
live your days not count your years

fbgrifter

• Acre
  • All change
« Reply #309 on: September 21, 2005, 23:40:55 »
reedos>> who u doing ur course with...i'm with klc!
It'll be better next year

reedos

• Half Acre
« Reply #310 on: September 22, 2005, 22:07:44 »
I'm with KLC as well, but struggling to find time. My plan is to crack on when the clocks go back instead of reading seed catalogues.

reedos

• Half Acre
« Reply #311 on: September 22, 2005, 22:09:43 »
By the way hello everyone. Wardy don't tell everybody we are nice they'll all want to come ;D

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #312 on: September 24, 2005, 00:53:19 »
Wardy Wardy Wardy!!! You have commited a most tremendous faux pas! A Northumbrian (where I know you spent most of your hols) would never want to be considered a Geordie!  A Geordie has particular roots and in folklore must have been born within blah blah blah of the Tyne.  Geordies belong to Newcastle not Northumberland. Northumbrians speak in a whole different way and if you are lucky a whole different dialect. Geordieland is not Northumberland..it is Newcastle and the towns that are beside it along the river Tyne. Thinking Wallsend here.

A Geordie would not consider those from the other side of the water (Tyne)to be true Geordies!  The many accents considered to be Geordie on TV today are infact the accents of Macams, Tacams and Monkey Hangers.

Reedos my OH hails from Rowlands Gill  Gatesheed.  How ya doin mate!?!!

I on the other hand am a total imposter though brought up in Newcastle!!

H x

reedos

• Half Acre
« Reply #313 on: September 24, 2005, 21:29:02 »
I know Wardy, neglecting my studies by typing on here !!

Hi Heldi - I'm canny thanks - I know Rolands Gill well, used to cycle down from Whickham as a boy and play in the river, it's a bugger going back up it  :(
And by the way I wouldn't come round to this part of Gateshead and even suggest that they are Makems, you wouldn't get out alive, anyway you can't blame Wardy for not knowing the difference between us, according to the media a geordie appears to be anybody from Middlesbrough to Berwick. Still as far as most of us are concerned anybody south of Lincolnshire is a Cockerney. ;D

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #314 on: September 25, 2005, 22:01:51 »
Heehee!  My mate went out with a monkey hanger for a while. They HATE that don't they! Wardy I am only setting you straight for your next holiday up here. Little background info an all that!

Reedos I did not mean to infer that Gateshead people are macams (heeheehee) only that there are people on tv meant to be geordies but who...erm...aren't! I did say within a certain "blah blah blah" of the Tyne...I didn't say which side of the Tyne !  I mentioned Wallsend because I was romancing about Sting...sorry an all that but I have a thing for Sting !  Phoooaarr!

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #315 on: September 26, 2005, 01:11:08 »
oh you can say geordie for wallsend...on the tyne that is.!

Sigh ...Sting......

kentishchloe

• Half Acre
  • Happy Tummies:)
« Reply #316 on: September 26, 2005, 11:35:49 »
oops - supposed to be writing letters - instead just spent v long time reading about all you chaps, so here's me:
I'm Chloe married to Adrian 3 years ago on sunny beach in Grenada, carribean island since devastated by hurricane :(
Our son was born 13 months ago and has just lifted his cricket bat for the first time at the St Lawrence Ground, home of Kent county cricket (boy genius ;D)
I've been into plants'n'stuff since i was 16 (so that's nearly 12 years now) and before we moved to kent when i was pregnant i worked for three years in the plant centre at RHS Wisley - a fantastic place to work i'm sure you can imagine. I love to cook.. and eat, i'll read anything, i love movies - new, old, foreign, blockbuster, indie... and i now seem to spend an innordinate amount of time on A4A - if the hoovering doesn't get done i'll blame you lot.
I am delighted to make your aquaintance..  :)
And there were gardens bright with sinuous rills,
Where blossomed many an incense-bearing tree;
'Kubla Khan' Samuel Taylor Coleridge

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #317 on: September 26, 2005, 13:38:05 »
One of my few claims to fame Heldi and Reedos is that Stings, Dad, Ernie used to be our milkman and Sting used to collect the milk money from us occasionally when he was a student.  My sister-inlaw also was in the same class as he was.   :) busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #318 on: September 26, 2005, 17:30:21 »
Do you remember him very well?  Did he look like a scrawny scruff or was he tastey? Hahaha!

Emm P

• Half Acre
    • Living History
« Reply #319 on: September 26, 2005, 17:45:00 »
I am just a stones throw south of Hartlepool.
They can take the joke about the monkey these days - in fact, their museum has all sorts of information about it - and they make plenty of money selling books about the story.
 ;)

And, 40 miles south of Newcastle, I get fed up of being labelled a Geordie.
 :(
No outfit is complete - without dog hairs!!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal