Author Topic: Todays Daily Mail  (Read 6403 times)

wardy

• Hectare
Re: Todays Daily Mail
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2005, 09:46:05 »
 ;D  Please no, don't Lorna, you'll only upset me  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2005, 11:33:31 »
No gorgeous career women on our allotment  :( - just one gorgeous career man.  ;D
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Maddy

• Half Acre
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2005, 12:06:14 »
OK I'm coming out of the gorgeous closet!!!! Yes, it's taken a while but finally I can say the words..."I AM GORGEOUS"  ;) :D

But seriously I'm so sick of labels and having to be categorised, they...haven't young women always had an interest in growing things...tragically I think it's just a substitute for the fact that I'm 33 unmarried and desperate to grow something else.  Doesn't exactly help when I'm being chatted up and I tell blokes my interests are science, gardening and Elvis, maybe i should find a copy of the article to increase my value  :)

M.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2005, 12:19:09 »
Nowt wrong with science gardening and Elvis and there must be loads of blokes out there who think so - pity they're all over 60  ;D  Nah, only jokin  :)
I've always been interested in growing stuff and wildflowering with my dad when we used to enter a vase into the local fete.  I've grown stuff all my life even through my wildest teenage years - only a few herbs, toms, lettuce etc and even when working full time I've grown a bit.  Now I'm spending more time at home running my B & B I've taken on a plot of my own.  Well as I don't go out to work now I have to wear my power dressing stuff somewhere.  Those shoulder pads come in handy when carrying growbags over one's shoulder  ;D

Maddy

• Half Acre
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2005, 12:25:12 »
Finally...some allotment fashion advice!  You see, this is why I'm still at the enquiry stage, I have to find an allotment that matches my shoes ;)  And do you think it's easy when your skirt's cut up to "there"  ;) Enough to make me want to throw in the towel and go and have a "power nap" ::)

M.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2005, 12:45:44 »
Maddy     If you have a skirt "that's cut up to there" you'll have no shortage of help or advice  ;D

I wanted to go to plot yesterday as I was passing but noted had sling back suede high heel jobs on so resisted paying homage to me squashes

Do you know you can't find a pair of decent gardening trousers in Next  ;D

redimp

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2005, 12:50:19 »
Just had a look and cannot afford the property prices in South East London  ;D

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2005, 18:27:47 »
Does it say anything about young fit males?...
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2005, 19:49:10 »
Well I match two out of three requirements . . .  ;D

BAGGY

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2005, 20:54:11 »
Red clanger - Neither can I that's why i commute from kent
Get with the beat Baggy

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
  • Doh..I got a slug farm,a flea beetle heaven..doh!
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2005, 22:07:08 »
Does it say anything about young fit males?...

Nope, sorry Val - only a centre spread of said females.   Clearly they need more male readers!
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2005, 22:57:36 »
Lorna   Ta for making me laugh  ;D ;D ;D 

I have a very voluminous tee shirt, where it came from I can't recall, and the slogan on the front is "thar she blows"  ;D Could you suggest an opportune moment for me to wear said tee shirt?

Local curry house?

moonbells (running off very fast)
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2005, 10:59:22 »
Just got the Sainsbury's mag for September and they have a piece on allotments and some recipes to use.  They feature some allotments in Fulham where they have a 160 names on the waiting list, most of them women. The say that the idea of "growing your own" has become "deeply desirable" again.

One of the new allotment holders is a hat maker and they show her working on her plot with her daughter. She is standing by her spade wearing a very chic wrap around dress and is actually wearing pearls and a bracelet.  I too am obviously letting the side down in my tatty t shirt and baggy sweat pants, which are always covered in soil -  I am a very messy worker.  Made me smile when I saw the article.  It looked very trendy.  ;D busy_lizzie   
live your days not count your years

redimp

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2005, 11:27:21 »
I like women in a tatty t-shirts and jeans/leggings etc. - ask my OH.  She gets dressed up for things and I prefer her in scruffs with no make up etc.

loz

• Half Acre
  • See my stuff on www.arthursplacecattery.co.uk
    • Arthur's Place Cattery
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2005, 15:24:51 »
Hmm - I hate to say it, but most of the career women I know that work for these publications dont know their artichokes from their endives ;D

(Not that all career women are like that - before I dig myself into a hole) ;)

Loz
Horses, ragdolls, bracco italiano, Polands,Silkies, and a garden - when do I have time to eat? - www.arthursplacecattery.co.uk

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2005, 17:36:58 »
Too late Loz - dig, dig, dig  ;D

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
  • Doh..I got a slug farm,a flea beetle heaven..doh!
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2005, 12:14:32 »
lol Wardy/Loz.

I have to agree with the scruff order though.  Something more romantic about a down to earth, here I am way of dressing - or am I just sad? :-\   Mind you the big advantage so wifey says is not getting scratchy lacy impractical underwear courtesy of me!   {GG} MMMmmmmm maybe not so romantic then........
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2005, 12:24:52 »
My OH bought me a swoe for our 25th wedding anniversary  :)  On the rare occasions we go out together he points out shoes and trousers for me "which would be good on the allotment"  What a romantic he is  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal