Author Topic: Todays Daily Mail  (Read 6366 times)

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
  • Doh..I got a slug farm,a flea beetle heaven..doh!
Todays Daily Mail
« on: July 28, 2005, 20:28:52 »
I don't know about you but I must be lottying in the wrong place.   According to the Daily Mail, allotments are now the thing to do for young, gorgeous, career women.   Can't say I've seen any around my patch but think wifey is now suspicious lol

I know my veggies are well worth looking after, and flowers are nice but can't say I'd complain.  Mind you I'm worth seeing,  after all there just can't be a more beaten up worse looking hat anywhere! ! !  ;)

Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

spacehopper

• Hectare
  • Its a jungle out there...
Re: Todays Daily Mail
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 21:45:12 »
He he, I thought Baz was keen to do the watering last week, now that would explain it!  :D
Make the most of today, because you'll never have it back again.

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 22:07:44 »
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!
I saw this when at my mums house (dont want to admit to buying this "newspaper)
Never seen anyone who looks like that at my site!!! Must invest in some Laura Ashley ;D ;D

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 22:57:44 »
Oh yes, well, I won't be seen on my plot if I am not in my chanel sling back diamonte wellies and my slug proof tiara!

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 23:17:41 »
I read this after having roared with lafter at photo.  Reading into it was more enlightening tho and they did seem genuine  :)  Today, while it was persisting it down and A4A was down too I thought I'd use my time wisely.  With those Ikea racks that someone gave me I thought I'd re-arrange me wardrobe into scruffy, dead scruffy, garbage, charity shop and allotment.  If anyone asks me and my old man to go out these days I break out into a cold sweat wondering what paint splattered tee shirt I will wear  ;D  I recently had to put my shoes through the washer as we were asked out  ;D ;D  Lumps of metal fell out and I looked like I was drunk when we walked down the road off to the proms  ;D  I even sorted out my hat collection to sort out the ones suitable for lottying  :)
My lotty neighbours are mostly single women and we were having a right laugh last winter when we were trying to get the damp matches to light.  We were all huddled together, dithering with cold and dripping wet but managing to look absolutely gorgeous.  Strange that not one Adonis has taken up a vacant plot near us  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 00:13:16 »
Crikey,  isn't thar sacrilege EJ - I mean NO leathers......! ;)

....and I know what you mean Wardy.   My pockets always seem to have seeds, twine, or miscellaneous  lottie debris these days!
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2005, 00:15:05 »
Well, would hate to offend Icy, but my leather gardening gloves are blackberry encrusted don't you know.  ;D

Derek

• Acre
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2005, 09:31:09 »
So what you are saying ladies is that beneath that battered hat, old sloppy Joe clothes and muddied wellies there is a vision to behold?

I must remember to take my glasses down the lottie in future!

Derek
Derek... South Leicestershire

I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2005, 09:53:48 »
Derek  Make sure it 's the rose tinted pair  ;D

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2005, 10:00:54 »
gorgeous - tick
career woman - tick

;) ;D

well, as always, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.........
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2005, 10:11:42 »
Allotment chic could become the in thing  ;D

Bionic Wellies

• Acre
  • That many spuds !
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2005, 14:57:30 »
There are some georgeous femal forms on our allotments, my wife, the various female on adjacent allotments; I will never complain. But don't tell the wife - I'll never hear the end of it!
Always look on the bright side of life

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2005, 21:04:27 »
Crikey,  I'll have to get rid of the beat up curent head-wear <sniff,sniff  :'( > and go buy a top hat or something just to keep up.

Still, supopsed there'd be plenty of room to hide some courgettes in it..........

Well, would hate to offend Icy, but my leather gardening gloves are blackberry encrusted don't you know. ;D

...spose  can let you off then.... ;D

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2005, 10:08:32 »
My lotty mate is the zenith of the opposite of allotment chic  ;D  He wears kasbah pants which are tight at the ankle but half mast which he wears with old bloke type shoes.  To go with his ethnic strides he wears a very British checked flannel shirt.  He now has got some skateboarders calf length jeans which are massively wide (what trendy kids wear)  ;D     His head was burning t'other week and he'd forgotten his hat so he made a knotted hanky affair from a filthy piece of fleece  :(  We have hung it on a nail in his shed so he'll always have it to hand  :)  We're thinking of making a scarecrow which looks like him  ;D

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2005, 11:27:54 »
lmao Wardy  :D  With him around do you need a scarecrow?  ;D  ven the slugs must be scared to death.........not related to lottie is he - sounds a bit  mad ;)

8)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2005, 19:30:54 »
wardy. I have made a wish that one or two Adonis types arrive on your site. How many can you handle? ;D Just one thing Wardy Lorna(jnr) is manager of a charity shop could you possibly re-arrange the order of merit  from your wardrobe? I may have to buy something from her shop but hoping it won't be AFTER garbage catergory ??? ;D Due to a slight (did I say SLIGHT?) increase in my weight I now have just a small section that is marked MAYBE. The rest is marked "You must be kidding"!!!!!!!! Lorna.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2005, 22:41:33 »
Lorna   Ta for making me laugh  ;D ;D ;D 

I have a very voluminous tee shirt, where it came from I can't recall, and the slogan on the front is "thar she blows"  ;D Could you suggest an opportune moment for me to wear said tee shirt?

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2005, 09:20:11 »
NOT..on this site wardy!   ;)

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2005, 22:51:53 »
Just asking my hubbie if he thinks there are any gorgeous career women at my site (and hoping he's not cheeky)

No he thinks I fit the description :) so he passes :)

;D ;D

moonbells

Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2005, 08:40:37 »
Wardy I am not ignoring your post on 30th July. I AM STILL THINKING!!! Lorna.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal