Author Topic: Now this is sad......... ??!!  (Read 3232 times)

wardy

• Hectare
Re: Now this is sad......... ??!!
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2005, 14:21:53 »
That's brill  ;D   Dead helegant  ;D  Wish I had a conservatory  :(   Them hooks are dead handy aren't they?  You could have em outside with night lights in little glass pots  :)  I'm inspired now as I know I have a basket that's got nothing in it at the mo ..............  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2005, 16:08:55 »
I hate packaging with a vengeance. But then I love it when it can be recycled!

My shed is half full of packaging waiting to be used! I just cannot throw anything away!
gone to pot :D

terrace max

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2005, 16:43:57 »
Has anyone got a (re)use for those Tetrapack thingies that fruit juice and other stuff comes in...??
I travelled to a mystical time zone
but I missed my bed
so I soon came home

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2005, 16:51:28 »
How about chop the top off (or chop in half) and use as a plant pot with holes in the bottom? I must give it a try myself, I'm always running out of plant pots and always have lots of juice!
gone to pot :D

terrace max

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2005, 16:53:06 »
Just one other question: why didn't I think of that...?
I travelled to a mystical time zone
but I missed my bed
so I soon came home

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2005, 21:53:32 »
One of the best discoveries I've made...
pickled mussels and cockles by Parsons - not only are they delicious, they come in lovely little clear glass jars patterned with the aforesaid seafood.
These are just the right size for holding tea-lights and, dotted around the garden/patio on a summer's evening, they make a very pretty lighting feature.

Apart from that, there are several other uses: I've painted them with "stained-glass" paint, filled them with bath crystals/salts, lotions, or even just different coloured sands, and a friend made honey scented candles in them, all of which we sold to raise funds.
Oh, and they're also good for keeping screws, curtain hooks and other assorted bits and pieces in.

Last, but not least - coming back to the gardening theme - you can sew individual portions of cress in them!
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

BAGGY

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2005, 17:14:38 »
I made xmas night lights from baby food jars with the Cubs.  We stenciled patterns in permanant over head projector pens, used them for a carol evening, then gave them to the parents as xmas gift.
Get with the beat Baggy

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2005, 19:39:23 »
I use glass jars for tea light holders - the Tesco Finest cranberry jelly is a good size.  I have used one today to empty my granular plant food into.  I hope to start pickling my own stuff soon so I need to get a stock on.  I already have hundreds  ;D

I buy little individual glass jars of jam & marm for my B & B and I find them very good for all sorts of things, one of which is for measuring as they hold 60 mls of liquid.  I also use them for storing my dried herbs.  I take salt and pepper etc to my lotty in them too
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 19:41:38 by wardy »
I came, I saw, I composted

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal