Author Topic: invisibility potion....?!  (Read 2400 times)

undercarriage plan

invisibility potion....?!
« on: August 22, 2005, 14:13:03 »
Peeing down with rain here in voodoo-ridden Suffolk.  So the kids have decided to make an invisibilty potion.......!! Funny thing is, that I'm are playing along with it, talking to empty spaces where I "think" they are, commenting on floating toys and cutlery!! Putting dinner out and chatting as if they there....They're now unsure as to whether the potion has really worked, even though they can see each other...... ::) ::) ::).  Now reached stage where they're getting a bit worried!!!!  Maggie (5) doesn't know where she is anymore.... :-\Nothing like a spot of child-baiting on a wet day ;D ;D ;D Lottie
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 14:35:34 by undercarriage plan »

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
Re: invisibility potion....?!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 15:33:06 »
oooh - you are wicked parents!  ;D ;D ;D

stop it - you're getting me all broody! I like the idea of having children to torment and confuse ;)

How are they now?
gone to pot :D

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 15:41:06 »
brilliant!  ;D my parents used to do ths same to me. Evil mummy!  ::)

I used to believe that if I shut my eyes I was invisible and they went a long with it.... till  I got to school and it came to playing hide and seek, I was most upset when I stood there right behind the person counting with my eyes shut and I found out I actually wasn't!!!  :'(

undercarriage plan

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 17:43:03 »
Aqui, you can borrow them for a while, long term loan...!!! ;) Eldest daughter just got back from guide camp, covered in mud, big grin and had a "wicked time" ???, 2 sons wrestling on sofa about to get yelled at, youngest daughter still invisible and gone with her dad to pick up new glasses, she's very stubborn, so don't envy glass fitting person's job of fitting glasses on invisible girl ::) ::) ::)!! Poor Daismay!! I love that phase!! It's really good fun, can just picture you hiding behind your hands!! I still try it, no luck so far!! Lottie  ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 22:27:57 »
My two youngest daughter shared a bedroom. The door had a keyhole. When I heard one of them out of bed I would peep through the keyhole and say "Will you get back into bed"  Often I would hear them say "How does Mum know which one of us is out of bed?"  They didn't find out  the answer for years. I think they thought Mum had magic powers. Lorna.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 23:58:29 »
Don't we ??? ??? ??? Darn, I'm snookered!! Lottie  ;D

westsussexlottie

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 09:30:12 »
I think my carrots had some of her invisibility potion....  :D

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 10:24:05 »
my carrots had a bit of the shrinking cake I think, have been in the ground for months and are atill only an inch long!

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2005, 13:58:37 »
Does that shrinking cake work on slugs?  :)

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2005, 14:07:57 »
he he he - if only!  ;D

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2005, 15:06:55 »
One of my girls when smaller, started rummaging around in my hair, "what are you up to"? I asked, "looking for the eyes in the back of your head" came the reply!!  Kids gotta love em!
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

undercarriage plan

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2005, 16:28:36 »
You should see the mess called my lounge now!! They've pushed the sofas into "tents", got out all lego ever made, have decided to make tea for us all (please not marmite sandwhiches, Maggie uses whole pot!! :-\), but, bless 'em, they happy! Lottie  ;D

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2005, 16:48:33 »
Mine have made chocolate chip cookies, done  finger painting (after the cookies!) and are now in the conservatory  playing with  every single toy car ever made and using my (precious) plants as pedestrians! Hope this rain stops  so they can get outside tomorrow and burn off some energy!

undercarriage plan

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2005, 16:59:19 »
Me too, EJ!! They now beginning to get scratchy and argue about which piece of lego belongs to who ::) ::) ::), but I will intervene with the wisdom of Solomon  :-\ and claim all lego soon  and not share ;D Lottie 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal